twenty one | I knew you were trouble when you walked in

This chapter is dedicated to Rima270108  (one of the Beta readers) who said and I quote, "As a beta reader, I felt that your story took a major turn when Xyrra decides to take revenge on Ryker, as she thinks, that he is siding with Cindy. As a reader, I never expect female characters to be strong and bold, but in this story, it's the opposite. Not considering the fact that Ryker is a werewolf, I think Xyrra is the dominant one in this story. Also, she's straightforward as a character, which is really shocking, as author's normally tend to frame female characters as to be the beating-around-the-bush type. I just hope that you have a good time writing the story, keep going by doing your best, I'm giving you my full support. Best of luck!!"

/ Once upon a time / A few mistakes ago /

XYRRA

The moment the door was closed, he pushed me up against the wall. Personal space no longer existed as his thick forearms settled on either side of my head, caging me in until I was surrounded by his brute strength and he was all I was cognizant of. We were staring at each other for a few seconds. His eyes were silver and I knew this was truly Ryker and not his wolf, Khrysaor.

"I'm going to kiss you," he said.

It wasn't a question.

But I answered anyway. "I know."

The next thing I knew, he leaned in and his lips captured mine in a searing, passionate kiss. Then his lips started to move, the soft, moist brush of his mouth closed on my throat and I could feel my toes curling inside my thigh boot. I could not swallow or breathe or think beyond the consuming desire for more. I knew I was supposed to be aware of everything, that I was doing this on purpose to seduce him, and yet it was so hard to remain clear-headed. Then his lips were back on mine, his tongue touched the seam of my lips. I parted my lips, giving him an entry, and his tongue wasted no time.

A low growl rumbled up from deep in his chest and he wrapped his arms around my body, yanking me to him until all of my curves were pressed against his hard lines. My arms slipped around his neck. We were so close that I could feel the heat radiating off him. It was exactly like when we were dancing a few minutes ago except that this was so much better.

When he licked at the seam of my lips, I open, allowing him entrance until our tongues can tangle. A hot sensation exploded inside me, rocking me to the very core as our mouths fused, becoming one. He pressed into me, pinning my body to the wooden door as his hand and mouth explored. Our teeth scraped as he tilted his head one way and then another, devouring me one bite at a time. Never in my life have I been kissed quite so thoroughly.

I was barely able to catch my breath as his lips roamed over mine. When he rubbed his thick erection on my lower abdomen, my knees weakened. His solid muscles, warm breath mingling with mine, and long, hard penis poking my belly awakened the hot, achy place between my thighs and the painful need for his touch. It was getting harder and harder to keep the desperation buried inside me any longer. The desperation and longing that I'd had since that night at the club.

He pulled back, looking at me through heavy silver eyes and breathing as if he had just run a marathon then he came at me again and our kiss became so much hotter. My mouth opened and closed with his as I gave and received long, feeding kisses. A deep groan vibrated his throat and I got the feeling that if this continued, we would end up on his bed or the floor. Or perhaps even against the door, which was where they were at the moment.

Then he pulled back one more time but this time, he placed his hands on my shoulders although he did not push me away. "We have to stop," he breathed out. Yet even though he had said that his lips kept coming down on me. I could feel the tip of his tongue tasting me when he planted small kisses on my jaw. "We must stop," he said again.

"I agree," I responded, still keeping my mouth against the side of his throat and trying to do things that he had just done to me. Not in a 'return a favor' kind of way but because I wanted to and damn, he tasted good.

"I can't." Ryker shook his head and took a step back while I was breathing hard with my back against the wooden door of his bedroom. I placed one hand on his muscled chest and his breathing grew hard. "No, I'm sorry, I can't." His eyes were in so much pain.

It did not matter that we could not finish what we'd started. Despite my bravado in telling Eros that I would go all the way, I had never intended for us to actually have sex. And Eros had also told me that Ryker wouldn't just easily fall for me and leave Alana. It would take time. I needed to inch my way slowly into his heart and not just push through with this crazy chemistry we had for each other. I steadied my breathing and calmed my body down.

"I'm sorry," he finally said. He looked at me and I could tell that he even meant it.

I gave him an easy smile and shrugged. "Don't sweat it. It was fun but the party is still young." He took a step back and I opened the door and then left. I knew he would follow me if he didn't have a massive hard-on that would take a minute to chill out.

As I walked down the two flights of stairs at a slower pace now compared to fifteen minutes ago when Ryker had practically dragged me along with him, I remembered what Eros had told me: 'Play the field, dance with other guys, and make him jealous'. So that was precisely what I was going to do for the rest of the evening.

It was not hard anyway considering the second I'd landed back on the first floor, a blond guy in a cowboy costume already came to my side and asked me, "Hey, you're Hermione Granger. You know I'm cuter than that redhead dork you're dating so why don't you leave him and dance with me?"

No way in hell that line would work but he suited my purpose at the moment so I placed my hand on his and let him lead me back to the dancefloor. As we danced in the middle of warm bodies, my eyes caught sight of Ryker walking down the stairs. His silver eyes darkened when he saw me dancing with the blonde guy but I quickly moved my gaze to the blonde guy before he noticed that I looked.

"Are you new here?" The blonde guy asked.

"Maybe," I answered vaguely, revealing nothing. I bet he thought I was a werewolf too, just like him. After all, if what Trish had said was right, the Ethereal did not invite outsiders.

Out of one corner of my eye, I could still see Ryker staring at us with his arms crossed in front of his chest. I tried to ignore him but he was impossible to be ignored especially when he was taller than everyone there, maybe with the exception of Dmitry who I saw standing on the wall beside the door. I was not sure what costume Dmitry was wearing considering he was wearing his usual business suit.

"I'm gonna find out," said the blonde guy and I dragged my attention back to him. "My sister knows everyone here."

His sister was either a very important member of the pack or a gossiper. Somehow I had a feeling that she was the latter. "Really? How's so?"

"She grew up here while I get to live in the Center." He smirked, seemingly proud that he had gotten the privilege to live outside, to live among humans. "Plus considering the fact that she used to date the Alpha, she pretty much knew everyone and their business."

Used to date the Alpha? Don't tell me!

"You're Alana's brother." I was grateful for the dimmed lights or else he would have seen my widened eyes and shocked expression on my face. Did I just stupidly pretend to flirt with Alana's brother knowing that his sister was still around here and would probably claw my eyes out? I used the word 'pretend' since I was not even sure what I was doing could be called flirting.

Instead, the blonde guy grinned. "So you do know my sister then she certainly knows you which makes it so much easier for me to find out more about you, Mystery Girl."

"Oh, trust me, you do not want to know me." Or at least, your sister would not allow you to.

"Why not?" He let out a small chuckle, seemingly to find this whole thing amusing. "I like you."

* * *

Another gentleman has arrived! And, Dear Readers, he brought drama and loads of fun with him. Don't you agree? What do you think is the best punishment for Alana: having her brother fall for her enemy or having Ryker taken away from her? This author would recommend both!

P.S. To fellow Swifties, I'm not sure why but I feel the IKYWT should be the song for the 1st chapter...