Chapter 5

Jason feels better and he says he was sorry for worrying Joy and Thea. Jason explains to both of Tommy's daughters. Joy said it's ok Dad. Thea was scared to call him Dad. Joy and Thea hugged Jason and smiled. Joy said it was okay and told him not to worry. Thea was still hesitant but eventually hugged her father and smiled. Jason was relieved that his daughters had forgiven him. Jason thanked his daughters for their understanding and promised to do better in the future. He said that he loved them and would never let them worry about him again. They all smiled and hugged one last time before going their separate ways. Jason left with a lighter heart, feeling grateful for his daughters' love and understanding. Thea and Joy watched him leave, both relieved that their relationship with their father was on the mend. They hugged each other and went home, feeling hopeful for the future. Jason kept his promise and they began to build a trusting relationship. Over time, their family grew stronger and more united. They were able to celebrate the good times together and rely on each other during the bad times. Jason is still upset that his friend Tommy is gone and Tommy didn't know that Joy was his fourth daughter. Tommy knew Matilda as his fourth daughter but Matilda was his fifth daughter. Matilda was excited to learn that she had a new older sister. Joy was her best friend and she was glad to know she was a part of her family. Over time, their families became closer and they kept Tommy's memory alive. They built a memorial for Tommy to remember and honor him. Every year, the family celebrates his memory by gathering around the memorial and sharing stories about him. They also toast his memory and celebrate his life. This tradition binds them together and gives them a sense of belonging and love. They are grateful for the time they had with him and for the memories they can share. Matilda is thankful for her new sister and for the family, they have become.
End of chapter 5