Chapter 32

Manik snuggle close to Arjun in sleep. Watching him sleeping like a baby, Arjun ruffled his head with a smile which instantly change noticing how red his knuckle had become.

He slowly moved without disturbing his sleep... Left to the washroom, brought back a bowl with cold water and strips sat beside him. Wetting the strip he pressed it on his knuckle gently to reduce the redness. He closed his eyes when manik hissed, "Ahh!".

Manik felt a cold compressor on his hand, a small hiss escaped from his lips. Arjun halted his action afraid of waking him sigh as his eyes remained closed... Gently applied a wet strip and caressed his head with the other hand.

Arjun halts his action, he looks at Manik's knuckle properly, with a cool and calm mind, it doesn't look like a burn mark, certainly, his knuckle had become dark red but still, a burn mark doesn't like this.

If it's a burn mark then his white skin should have become red and blotchy, but it didn't, surely, his hand had some damage but not that much that we considered it a burn mark.

It looks like he hit someone pretty hard or throw some nice punches.

But the question is, why will his mannu hit someone? And on top of that, why will he lie to him?

Taking the lotion he applied it on his knuckle. He then turned Manik to sleep properly, and pressed a kiss on his head, "Good night baby!" And left from there.

At midnight Manik is sleeping on his back, his face twisted in a mask of horror as he thrashes around in his bed. His breathing is shallow and erratic, and his body is slick with a cold sweat. Suddenly, he let out a blood-curdling scream, his eyes bulging with terror as he tries to escape the horrors of his nightmare. He is trapped in a waking nightmare, his mind consumed by the most unspeakable terrors imaginable. He tosses and turns, his arms flailing wildly as he tries to fight off whatever demons are haunting his dreams. Finally, he sit up with a gasp, his chest heaving as he tries to catch his breath. He is paralyzed with fear, his heart pounding in his chest as he struggles to shake off the lingering feeling of terror that the nightmare left behind.

He cried and cried for long, cries of frustration from his inner monsters. He didn't want that monster to win but at last! he lost control and immediately run to the washroom to find his "best friend".

Triggered Warning ⚠️:

He jumped through all the stuff and there it was in the corner of the wash basin. A beautiful silver blade, his best friend, he picked it up and immediately cut his thighs and shoulders many times. Each cut represents his pain, helplessness and his negative thoughts. He fell on the floor huffing and puffing but finally, his mind felt at peace.

He cried and cried for long and even sobbed, but no one could listen to his cry of frustration, helplessness and misery from his inner monsters.

Exhausted by tears, Manik fell asleep, while hugging his knees to the chest.

Triggered Warning ⚠️ End:

Manik woke up suddenly with a jerk, his heart racing and his breaths coming in short gasps. He looked around his bathroom, trying to figure out how he ended there. After a moment, the flashes of last night's event suddenly came flooding back to him.

He felt his heart racing and his palms starting to sweat as he remembered everything that had happened.

He tried to push the memories away, but they kept coming back, each one more vivid than the last.

He closed his eyes in pain, taking a deep breath trying to calm himself.

He looked in the mirror at his wounds, "Again? Again, he let his inner monster take control over him! he let his inner monster win again!". He closes his eyes in pain.

He grabbed the handrail tightly and tried to focus on his breathing, gradually, he started to calm down.

His legs felt weak, he sank to the ground.

The fight with Aryaman, certainly, triggered some memories and emotions, causing him to feel anxious and overwhelmed with emotions.

The memories from which he is trying to run away for years, and somehow succeeded in it.

But, but, how long a person can run away from his past?

After sitting on the ground for long enough, his emotion took control, calmed enough, he took a long bath.

Manik entered the kitchen only to find his baba already present there, cooking something.

He smiles and wrapped his arms around Arjun's waist.

Arjun who is busy preparing breakfast, felt soft hands wrapping around his waist.

A large smile grace on Arjun's lip realising the touch.

Arjun: " Uth gaya beta!".

Manik: "Apko kaisa pata ka mein hun?".

Arjun: "Tera aur mera seva rahata kaun hai is ghar mein?". Manik smiles sheepishly at him.

Manik: "Sorry! Bhool gaya tha!". Arjun burst into laughter.

Manik pouts seeing Arjun laughing, "Haww! Baba app hass raha hon?".

Arjun: "Abh mein kya karun beta tere baten hi aisi hai! I can't help it!". And laugh again.

Manik: "Haww! Baba, Katie!, mein apse naraz hun".

Arjun: "Aur wo tu kab nahi hota beta?".

Manik: "Babaa!"

Manik: "Babaa!". Manik wined.

Arjun shook his head and made Manik sit on the slab.

Arjun passes him an apple, "Apni zaban chalana se acha muh chala aur apple kha!".

Manik: "Baba nahi na...!". Manik complains but stops seeing Arjun's glare.

Arjun: "Chup chap khao, ajj kal kuch khata hi nahi hon, dheko kitna patla hogaye ho".

Manik: "Suna kyu raha hon baba! Kha raha hun na!".

Arjun smiled at him while patting his head, "Good boy!".

Manik: "Mein humesha se hi good boy hun". Manik boosted himself.

Arjun: "Hain tum mera sab sa acha bacha hon". Arjun said making Manik smile cheekily.

Manik: "App in mein yeh sab kyun dal raha hon?". Manik complain when he saw Arjun adding vegetables to an omelette.

Arjun: "Mannu chup chap kha! Koi nakhre nahi, apna app ko dheko, tum mein aur 12 ka bacha mein koi difference nahi! dhek kitna patla hogaya hain!".

Manik: "Fine!". While making faces.

~~~

How was the update?

Your favourite scene?

I know the chapter is a little bit emotional and serious but the plot demands it.

Take care 💜.