Chapter 34

Helly was walking to her class and that's when she heard a beautiful voice singing a song that caught her attention. She stopped in her tracks and listened for a moment, feeling drawn to the melodious voice. She was touched by the passion in the voice. She felt the urge to follow the voice, and she did. The voice led her to the college music room.

She was so mesmerized by the beautiful voice that she decided to stay, she leaned her back against the wall with closed eyes. She smiled feeling content and at peace.

The performance came to an end,  looking at the door she felt a strong desire to meet the person who is singing behind the door.

She was about to knock on the door, but her mobile started ringing. She looked at the door one last time and left dejectedly.

Here inside the music room, Manik sat perched on a weathered wooden stool, surrounded by an array of musical instruments and shelves adorned with albums and books. Rays of soft, golden sunlight filtered through the small, circular window, casting a warm glow upon the room as if nature itself was eager to witness the magic about to unfold.

Clutching the guitar in his hand, Manik closed his eyes, letting his finger dance across the string of the guitar, filling the room with a beautiful melody.

Manik sang, his beautiful voice echoing inside the room, developing a different type of aura, Maniks soft, soothing voice yet filled with raw emotions, blended shamelessly with the instrument as if they were two halves of a perfect whole.

With each lyric, he sang, the words became vessels through which his deepest thoughts and emotions flowed. His voice carried a sense of vulnerability representing the amount of pain his burning heart is carrying.

Without the presence of the audience, Manik knew the true power of his voice, he had discovered a connection to himself through music, a profound understanding of his essence.

Manik's song reached its crescendo. The final note hangs in the air for a moment. Before fading into a soft, lingering silence.

Slowly, Manik opens his eyes with a peaceful smile, his face radiating calmness.

Suddenly, Manik's eyes fall on his mobile which was continuously ringing, he jerked remembering something, "O teri!" he quickly grabbed his belongings and hurried out.

He reached the airport and spotted a  certain person glaring at him angrily.

??: "Aaiae aaiae (come come) kuch jyada hi jaldi nahin agaye janab thoda aur jaldi ajaate!".

Manik:"Haina! Mein jaldi agaya na! Main toh bekar mein tension la raha tha yah soch soch ke, ka Mujhe airport pahunchne mein der ho gai!". Manik spoke out only to be rewarded by a whack.

??: "Shut up! Manik tera ko ashas bhi hai ka mein kitni derse airport ke bahar khada hun? Ek toh tune mujhe apne ghar ka address nahin bataya! aur upar se time per lene bhi nahin aaya, idiot!". Said while whacking him continually.

Manik: "Ouch! Ro sorry na yarr mein bhul gaya tha!".

Rohit: "Bhul gaya tha? Aisa kaisa bhul gaya? Mera yahan aana importance nahi rakhta jo tu bhul gaya?".

Manik: "Aisa kuch nahi hai Ro, bus last few days were emotionally hectic for me, issiliya mind se nikal gaya!". Manik said slowly, Rohit hugged him tightly, to which Manik was glad to reciprocate.

Rohit: "Tu theak hai na, kiddo?". Rohit questions.

Manik: "I miss you". While nuzzling his nose in his neck.

Rohit smiled, caressing his back, "Tuna mujhe miss kiya".

Rohit: chal nikal be! main toh itna khush tha, ka chalo kachra toh gaya orphanage se!".