Chapter 6 - A kiss for my stupidity

Behind the school building, in a corner where no one could see them, Taehyun and Soobin sat on the floor across from each other. Since the fight on the schoolyard fifteen minutes ago, Soobin couldn't get himself to say a word. He just watched Taehyun as he led him to the corner they were sitting in right now and said that he would go get some first aid kit from the medical room on the other side of the school building.

When he came back, Taehyun crouched down opposite Soobin, who was leaning against the wall with his wide open eyes being fixed at the bush in front of him. He gently took Soobin's left hand into his own and was careful not to touch the bruise on his palm.

Soobin fixed his glazed eyes on Taehyun's concentrated gaze and watched him applying disinfectant on a wiping paper, which he then slowly pressed down onto the bruise.

"Ouch!" Soobin hissed and flinched away at the meeting of the disinfectant and his sizzling bruise on his left hand.

"Sorry." Taehyun just hummed but didn't take the wiping paper away from his hand.

"Why did you do that? Why did you just go up to them and make yourself part of the problem?" Taehyun asked, having his eyes fixed at Soobin's palm but he could still see his brows frowning in worry.

"I just wanted to help." Soobin mumbled with his lips turned slightly downwards. Taehyun lifted his head up to look at Soobin, his concern grew when he saw the bruise on Soobin's cheekbone.

"Don't do that again. It was stupid."

"I know. I'm sorry." Taehyun looked down on his hand again, taking away the wiping paper from the bruise.

"Don't be sorry. I know you just wanted to do the right thing." The anxious feeling inside Soobin's chest eased itself at Taehyun's words.

"Though it was a really stupid idea." Soobin let out an airy chuckle at that comment, realizing how stupid it actually was. Taehyun raised his head with a bright, open smile on his face and glanced at Soobin, who showed his positive mood.

Taehyun then turned around to the first aid kit and pulled out a beige plaster. He peeled off the paper that was on the sticky side of the plaster and carefully took Soobin's hand to cover up the bruise with it. Soobin could already feel the pressure on his palm that was going to be there for the next three days.

"Let's take care of your face now." Taehyun spoke quietly and fixed his gaze at Soobin's face, glimpsing into his eyes a few times while treating his cheek.

The last time Taehyun was that close to his face was in Ratport City, when he kissed Soobin on the lips. A spark in him wished he would kiss him now again. Taehyun's lips weren't that far away from Soobin's, he just had to reach a little more forward and then their lips would meet each other.

Soobin felt Taehyun's hand grasp his waist to support himself while he disinfected the bruise on his cheekbone with a freshly dampened wipe. His petite fingers tickled his skin, but Soobin didn't make any fuss about it, thinking Taehyun would back away then. He didn't want him to back away.

"Does it hurt?" Taehyun asked with a whisper against Soobin's cheek. Only then did Soobin notice that he made no sound when Taehyun touched his wound, let alone breathed against his skin while Taehyun was so close to him. He didn't breathe at all.

"Yes- I mean No! Not really..." Soobin exclaimed a little louder, his pupils growing extremely large as he digested the closeness of each other's faces.

Taehyun stared at him briefly, having a big question mark above his head while watching Soobin's pupils growing larger and larger.

"I guess you fell on your head really hard back there."

"I didn't fall on my head!"

"But you act like it." Soobin shut his mouth in embarrassment, feeling the heat flushing into his cheeks. Not a good moment.

Taehyun released the wiping paper from Soobin's wound and observed it in silence, before he took another plaster and pressed it onto Soobin's cheekbone.

When he finished taking care of his wounds, Taehyun still had his eyes fixed on the plaster on Soobin's cheek, his gaze showing that he was pondering. Before Soobin could say anything, Taehyun tilted his head closer to Soobin and gave him a peck on the place where the bruise was.

"There, I'm done." Taehyun backed away a little to look into Soobin's face, his surprised expression brought out a pleased feeling in him. Taehyun smiled at him in delight.

Soobin did not know how to act around Taehyun. There was always too much he felt, feelings he couldn't determine because it was far too intense for him. Taehyun's little kiss on his cheek could still be felt, even though his lips weren't even on his skin anymore. There was a tingling in the place Taehyun's lips had touched, and another tingling in his chest. The tingling spread through his body, from his arms to his fingers, from his head down to his lips. The lips that were also touched by Taehyun's lips once. He wanted to kiss him again.

Taehyun was still smiling happily at him, enjoying the funny face Soobin was putting on. He couldn't resist the urge any longer, so Soobin grabbed Taehyun's wrist and put his hand back on his waist, which Taehyun had been holding on to just a few minutes ago. As he pulled his hand to his waist, Taehyun's whole body also moved forward, giving Soobin the chance to place his hand on his neck and pull Taehyun's face closer to his own.

All in the same movement, Soobin pressed his lips on Taehyun's, kissing him one, two, three times in a row. It felt great. It felt amazing. Taehyun returned the kiss immediately, pulling himself closer to Soobin and embracing his waist fully with both of his hands. They quickly got deeper into the kiss and it got clear, who was more into it than the other.

When the kiss got slower and the amount of kisses per second got less, Taehyun released his lips from Soobin and put on a satisfied smile. Soobin still had his eyes closed for a few more seconds, before also opening them and smiling at the smaller one with shyness.

"I hope you are putting your confidence more into your kisses than in the will to start fights." Taehyun teased and rubbed his thumbs against Soobin's waist.

"I didn't start the fight!" Soobin whined in defense, getting shivers at his waist where Taehyun was stroking him softly.

Taehyun only giggled at Soobin's whininess, his white teeth showing through his smile made Soobin's heart skip a beat. He liked that smile the most. It was his favorite smile.