Chapter 10 - What is essential for a couples playlist?

The next day Soobin and Taehyun sat themselves in a corner of the school library, making sure their time together would not be disturbed by some students. The corner was by the shelves where the non-fiction books were stored so there would definitely be no one interrupting them there, especially not in the age where the internet existed.

They took some bean bags and placed them right in front of a large window. There was one good thing to say about this school. The view from the school library was astounding with the little forest behind the building.

Soobin let himself fall on one of the bean bags and Taehyun did likewise. They cuddled up close to one another so that they could comfortably look at each other's phone while they explained each song they put into their couple's playlist individually.

Soobin was the first one to start talking about the songs he put in. There were 12 in total. The first song he put in was also one of the few where the lyrics were important to listen to. It is called "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls. Soobin always had to think about Taehyun when he heard the song lately, so he thought it might only be appropriate to put it into the playlist. He also liked the sound of the song in general and thought that maybe Taehyun would like it too.

"This song is also worth looking at the lyrics." Soobin remarked and pointed to a song by Wolf Alice. It was called "Don't Delete the Kisses".

It was from a band that Taehyun also liked and that he got recommended by him, so he listened to a few songs from them and found this one particular song that he thought fit to his feelings towards Taehyun. He did sometimes feel like a teenage girl.

"Oh, and this one! Read the lyrics to that too!" He pointed to the song called "blushing!" by BETWEEN FRIENDS and Taehyun hummed in understanding.

"It was also in the playlist by yeonjun and beomgyu, wasn't it?" Taehyun turned his head to Soobin and only now did Soobin realize how close their faces were to each other.

"Yes." Soobin spoke quietly and he felt his cheeks heating up rapidly. Taehyun smiled as if he suddenly understood something. Was he aware of their closeness too? Or was he aware of what thoughts rushed through Soobin's head?

"I get the song without even having read the lyrics yet." He stated and turned back to their phones with a light chuckle. Soobin exhaled the tension away.

It was so obvious that Soobin wondered why he should even declare his love to Taehyun with songs, when the most obvious part was painted right on his face. And this song was describing exactly that, his obvious liking for the boy next to him. It was quite pathetic.

The last song whose lyrics fitted was "Glue Song" by beabadoobee. There was also a kind of calmness to the feelings he felt for Taehyun and he thought that this song illustrated it the most out of all the songs. Not only the melody but also the lyrics fitted perfectly to Soobin's innocent feelings for Taehyun and he hoped that Taehyun would feel how Soobin was feeling right now.

The rest of the songs Soobin had added to the playlist were mostly songs whose melody matched what he felt in his chest when he was thinking about Taehyun or when he saw him or touched him. And coincidentally most of the songs were by Taylor Swift at which Soobin still didn't know how much he should have felt embarrassed by it. But apart from that he couldn't quite describe the feeling he felt with Taehyun, but the sounds of the songs could. He never thought that love would sound exactly like this, but he was glad that it did.

When Soobin was finished, Taehyun went on with his songs that consisted of 14 in total.

"So I chose songs which sounds reminded me of you." Taehyun explained and listed all the songs which fell under this category.