Chapter 12 - An unexpected guest in my room

Soobin was at home and unpacked his polaroid camera. He put in some newly bought films and tried out his camera for the first time by taking a selfie of himself. He watched as the picture drove out of the slit on top of the camera and pulled it out when it stopped printing.

He had bought this camera during the summer break. The same summer break in which he got grounded, so he had no opportunity to actually use it for exciting events. And now since school started again and since he wasn't just in his room alone or with his parents anymore, the polaroid camera got dusted off and prepared to be finally used.

He sat himself on his bed and watched as the picture developed right in his hands. His eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as he saw his face appear on the polaroid and got immediately hit with excitement to make hundreds and hundreds more of these pictures.

He couldn't wait to take a photo of Taehyun, at which he noticed that he doesn't have any picture of him at all. He wanted to stick them on the wall and pollute it with dozens of memories with Taehyun and him. His room could finally become more cozy, since during the far too long summer break, Soobin felt that it was becoming increasingly emptier and sadder.

Soobin looked at the polaroid for a few more seconds before walking over to his much too bare wall and pasting the picture in the center of it.This would become the base from which every other polaroid would be pinned to the wall. he should take pictures of Brownie too, while he was at it.

His gaze stared at the small polaroid being pinned at the large wall and a smile appeared on his face. It was hilarious to look at. He wanted to laugh out loud but a knock on his door restricted him to do so. His mom opened the door and peeked carefully into the room.

"You have a guest, honey." She spoke and Soobin couldn't even think about who it could be as a familiar face peeked through the door as well.

"What's up, honey?!" Kai cheered out loudly and teased Soobin for his mother calling him that way.

Soobin stood frozen. He stood frozen in the middle of his room, in front of an empty wall with a small polaroid hung up in the middle of it. His mom didn't say anything further and left the two alone in an empty and sad room full of fairy lights hung upon Soobin and a selfie of himself hung up on an empty wall like a self-absorbed fool.

"Why are you standing there like that?" Kai asked and slipped himself through the door without asking if he could come in. Soobin didn't expect it anyway.

"Uhm... I'm trying out my new camera."

"Really? Show m- Is that a picture of you there?" Kai walked towards the empty wall and looked at the only hanging picture that was stuck on it. He laughed but not loudly but rather like a giggle. A cute, captivating snicker.

"That's hilarious." He commented on it and couldn't stop giggling. Soobin noticed how his nose scrunched up and his eyes went shut when Kai was giggling.

"I thought that too." Soobin said quietly and couldn't take his eyes off of Kai's giggling face.

"You should leave it like that. I think it adds character to your room." Soobin looked at the picture and for a second he considered doing what Kai suggested, though he probably just joked around. He didn't know why he felt like that because he really wanted to plaster this wall with dozens of polaroids as well.

"That would be funny. But I thought of hanging up a lot of such polaroids to make the wall less..."

"Miserable?" Kai answered for him and Soobin smiled at that with a frustrated look on his face. Kai then turned around to look at Soobin, a gleaming smile brought a tumult in him.