The dinner

Charles' pov:

The race is finally over. After the terrible strategy that my team did, I finished P3 by overtaking Lando in the last lap. It was a hard battle, we were wheel to wheel all the time both not willing to give up. I know I could have done better but it doesn't all depend on me, sadly...
It's time to get on the podium. Me, Max and Lewis are waiting for the royal family to give us our trophies. The king brings it to the winner, the queen to Lewis who finished second and-

"I'm sorry I didn't bring you enough luck today as you hoped."

"You giving me my trophy makes up for it."

Did I cross the line? I think I did... She didn't say anything and just walked back to where she was standing at the beginning. She smiled though. That's good, right?

Then her sister Clara goes to the winning constructor. While doing that she looks kinda... sad? She usually loves the attention, that's weird.
I get distracted from my thoughts when Max's champagne is already being sprayed all over me. I do the same to him and then again with Lewis. Bella and her family are behind us watching the whole chaos. I look at her and our eyes meet. She is gesturing for me to turn around which confused me. After I did it I got Max's champagne in my face again. Oh, he is gonna pay for that...
After a lot of celebrating I take a shower at the team building and change. I was walking to the parking where my car is when I saw Albert waiting for me in front of it. It was easy to realize that it was my car by Monaco's colors on it and the number 16. It had become a very famous car over the years.

"Charles, congratulations again. You did a great job!" he says giving me a short hug.

"Honestly I hoped for a better result..."

"It was not your fault and you know that. Don't be too hard on yourself. To cheer you up I would like to invite you to dinner with my family. We really hope that you accept it."

"Oh- I mean- Yea of course. Thank you very much!"

"No need to! We will be waiting for you!"

"I will be there"

Oookayyy... I've been there for dinner before, I shouldn't be nervous right? Yea, cool cool cool cool cool! I'm gonna be juuust fine.
It's about 6 pm when I start getting ready. I put on a black shirt with a black suit on top and black pants. Fixing my hair took half an hour so I was ready at 7. It was time for me to leave so I put on my favourite watch and perfume. I'm wearing white shoes so I don't look like I'm going to a funeral in all these black clothes.
I drive to the front gate where a man takes my keys and parks my car for me. A very nice woman lets me in where I see all of them waiting to congratulate me.

We sit down around the big table full of all kinds of food. I was pretty hungry so this was good. We all started talking and going into different conversations except one person. Clara. Suddenly she excuses herself and leaves the room. It didn't look like anyone cared about it and that made me feel bad for her. A little bit of time passed when I decided to check up on her. Luckily, I remember where almost all of the rooms are from my last time here so I didn't have to search for a long time for hers. I knocked on the door and shortly after got a response.

"Who is it?" By the sound of her voice, it was clear that she had been crying for a while now.

"It's Charles. I just wanted to see if you are okay."

The door opens slowly and she lets me in her room.