Race day

Belle's pov:

In order to rebuild our friendship, me and Charles decided to go to the paddock together but I was for sure going to support Carlos from his garage. He was already awake, putting on his Ferrari t-shirt.

"You should wear one too." He hands me one and a hat too.

"Won't it be rude to arrive with Charles and wear your things?"

"There isn't even a big difference, only the number on the hat... Don't overthink it, alright? Just enjoy today as much as you can." I love the way he always tries to reassure me even when I get annoying. Even when he thinks that there is nothing to be reassured about.

I put the Ferrari merch on and hear a knock on the door. As I go to open it, Carlos goes into the bathroom to hide.
"He knows, Carlos..."
The second I open, Charles scans me from head to toe.

"Wow. Red looks great on you." From behind me, Carlos made sure to clear his throat loud enough for the whole hotel to hear it. I gave him an angry look and turned back to Charles.

"Let's just go."

We actually had a good time together while driving to the circuit. I guess we grew up in terms of our friendship. Honestly, if I didn't meet Carlos, I would probably still think that i have feelings for Charles, which is insane. I'm glad things turned out this way.

"Charlie! Xavi and I need to talk to you before the race starts. Excuse me for stealing him from you, ma dulcinée. Will you be alright on your own?" A short, very happily looking guy was looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"Uhm, yea I guess so?"

"Here is Pierre's number. If I can't come to you, you call him. Is that okay with you, Bells?" I see how sorry Charles is, so I erase any thoughts of making it a problem later.

"Yep, thanks."

"You are welcome to watch the race with us at the garage. I could also show you the pit wall, if you want."

"Oh, okay. I'd love that." I didn't know who that man was but I loved his energy even though it confused me a lot. Realising how bored I will be by myself in a few minutes, I decide to call Pierre so he can clear some things out for me. He picks up almost immediately.

"Belle, is everything alright?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"Charles gave me your number. What's up?"

"I have a question."

"Oh no, if it's about Charles do not get me into your little game."

"Pierre, what are you even talking about?" Silence. "You know what, never mind. I just need to know what a pit wall is."

"Thank god. So... " He explains it to me carefully which made me excited to go there. It sounds interesting.

After a long walk around the paddock, I got hungry so my first stop was some random place, where I saw people eating. Without having any clue, I get in hoping that they have something good. The man behind the bar gave me a weird look and it was harder to ignore it than I wanted it to be.

"I'm sorry, but is there a problem?" I tried to sound as nice as possible. He got shocked by my question and took some time to find an answer.

"It's just that we don't really serve people from other teams."

"What do you mean?"

"You are wearing a Ferrari t-shirt. This is McLaren." Oh, crap. I guess I'm staying hungry.

"It's fine, she's with me." A curly headed boy was standing next to me, eating stroopwafels. "Give her what she wants."

"Just a sandiwch, please." I thank the boy for helping me out and after my food is ready, I head out of the building.

I hear my phone ringing and see Carlos' name on it.

"Belle, where the hell are you?"

"Making my way to your garage, what's wrong?" He sounded very worried, which scared me a bit.

"Nothing, I just freaked out because you weren't here and Charles isn't picking up his phone."

"He had some sort of a meeting but I'm coming in a second, don't worry." We end the call and when I get there, he is already getting ready to jump into the car. Before he had put his helmet on, I go to him and hug him tight.

"Drive safely, cariño." Carlos kisses me gently on the forehead and I go away to let the team do their work.

It's insane how scared I was during this whole race. Just imagining how fast this thing is, is terrifying, but seeing it? And knowing that Carlos and Charles are in there? No way.

Thankfully, they were alive and well at the end, finishing P4 for Charles and P6 for Sainz. I didn't wait for them to come back since I wanted to see the podium. Surprised, I notice the curly boy from earlier, standing at the second position. How did I not know that he was a driver? If the fans around me found out about it, I would be kicked out until now.

After the whole show ended and my unforgettable experience at the pit wall, I stay with Carlos for a bit in his room since his mood was a little down. He really deserved a higher position.

"I'm not really in the mood for partying. Can't we skip the dinner and just chill alone in our room?"

"Carlos... We are going to that dinner, no further comments. I also want you to introduce me to your friends." I kiss him on the cheek and see a little smile forming.

"That's gonna be probably the only good thing tonight."

"Oh, shut up. Come on, let's go take a rest and get ready."

We leave the paddock surrounded by a lot of fans. They got many pictures and autographs which brought Carlos' mood up. His love for them is unbelievable.

We arrive at the hotel and fall asleep almost the second we close our door. There was a long night ahead, especially for me. I needed that energy.

________________________________________

Thank you for reading my story, it means a lot! Also a big thanks for all the votes! I hope I can keep you entertained for a lot longer. If you have any comments or opinions, give them to me :)