The club

Belle's pov:

I woke up way too late because of the long day that I had yesterday. My head was aching so I took a pill and got ready to make breakfast for me and Sara. I went downstairs only to see that I was alone in the house. When I entered the kitchen I noticed a piece of paper on the cooking island saying that she had to go out for an interview, since she didn't need to be my PR manager anymore, and not to wait for her. I wasn't gonna eat alone since I hated doing that so I just went back to my room. I started looking through my wardrobe for something to wear tonight. After half an hour I decided on a royal blue mini-dress. Ironic, right? I had spent all day watching movies when it was finally time for me to get up and start getting ready. My dress was way tighter and shorter on me than I remembered it. As I was looking at myself in the mirror I realized what I was doing. Wait, what was I doing? Why did I text him? I was completely clear to myself that I wouldn't keep in touch with Matt because he was younger than me. It's only one year but still, I didn't like the idea of it at all. Was it only to piss Charles off?

It didn't matter anymore though so I began to straighten my hair and then put some mascara and lipstick. I was never a fan of having too much makeup on my face. Shortly after, I got a text from him saying that he was waiting for me outside so I put on my black high heels and leave. After I closed the door behind me I saw him leaning with his body on the side of his black Pourche looking way better than I wanted to admit. He was wearing black pants and a black shirt with the first buttons open. His hair looked gorgeous in the sunset light that was just beginning to show.

"Wow." This was the only thing he said after looking me up and down and before opening the passenger door for me. 

"You look great too." I give him a small smile and take my seat. He ran quickly to his side and after we were all set I hear the engine turning on. Music to my ears. I always loved it when my parents bought a new car and I was the first one to bring it to life. It was like a tradition. But not anymore.

"To the beach?" I just nod in response still getting used to the situation I was in. It has been a long time since my last date after all. The whole ride was silent but not in an awkward way. We just both knew that there was no point in starting with small talk. He parked the car when we arrived and opened my door with his hand reached out for me to take.

"Thanks."

"Please don't thank me for the bare minimum..." Did he just say that? A man? We began to walk to the beach while I was still thinking of a response.

"Well, it's not the bare minimum for most men."

"I'm not most men. Also, I think you would be more comfortable without those heels, wouldn't you."

"Oh, yes, right." We were too far from his car already for me to leave them there so I take them in my hand. Just a second passes when I see him grabbing them from me. I begin to tell him that he doesn't need to do that but he cuts me off.

"Bare minimum, darling." My legs get weak and I can confidently say that it is not because of the heels anymore. We reached the beach and sat down at a bar to order drinks while we were there. It felt like the perfect time to start an actual conversation, especially since Charles' words from last night came back to my mind out of nowhere.

"Soo... tell me about yourself. We didn't really get the chance to talk last time."

"Well, there is not much, to be honest. As you know I am in my last year of studying, already searching for a permanent job since the one that I have now is just until graduation. Right now I am at a beautiful beach with a beautiful girl, living my best life. Is that good enough?" I knew I was blushing and I knew there was no point in trying to hide it. But still, I wasn't satisfied.

"Honestly, I hoped we would get more personal. Like deep talks or whatever. For example, I'm struggling with anxiety. It sucks." There was no point in hiding it anymore since I didn't need to prove myself to anyone. Sara and I decided to make it public so people can see how much that interview triggered me and after reading a lot of nice and relatable comments I realized that it wasn't embarrassing at all. There were other people like me. I felt bad for using it only to make Matt open up too but I couldn't think of any other way.

"I get it. I was like that too."

"Was?"

"Yea. I found my way of dealing with it. You need to do it too but I know it takes time so don't pressure yourself."

"What is your way?"

"Hmm, let's not get that personal yet, alright?"

I tried my best not to show that I already knew what he was talking about. I think I did great because the conversation went in a completely different direction. We were talking about cars since it happened to be a mutual interest when it started to get dark.

"Shall, we go to the club now?"

"I didn't realize you were that excited about it." I say jokingly while he pays for our drinks. "And just so you know, I am paying at the club."

"Don't be so sure, darling."

Charles' pov:

It was our last day before going to Belgium for the next race. Lando, Max, Pierre, Carlos and I decided to go to a club since we all live in Monaco and we were gonna fly together tomorrow. Max's and Carlos' girlfriends were with us too. We've known each other for years now so they were always part of our group when we were hanging out. I see Pierre talking to some random man but it looked like he was ready to fight so I went to them immediately. This is not what we need tonight.

"Mate, you better go away, don't test your luck with me, alright?" By the way Pierre said that it was obvious that he was way too drunk.

"What's going on here?" I get between them facing the other man so I am able to see his every move.

"This dickhead had his hands on Isa." After hearing this I see her watching this whole scene shaking.

"You heard him, go away." He does so but makes sure to hit me in the shoulder when he walks by. I take a deep breath to calm myself down before I make my way over to Isa. Pierre was already gone somewhere, probably with some girl. "Are you okay? Did he do something to you?"

"I was just coming back from the bathroom and he grabbed me by my waist. I was trying to push him away but he didn't let go of me until Pierre came. Thanks for stepping in, it could have gotten ugly." 

"You know I always will. Now go to Carlos and if you are left alone at any time, search for me and I will stay with you, alright?" She hugs me tight in response her body still shaking. When she goes away, I go to the bar for another drink. While I'm waiting, I take a look around but the entrance caught my attention. What was she doing here? With him?