Back in the game

Mentions of anxiety and its symptoms!

Charles pov:

I woke up at 8 am by my alarm with a massive headache. I didn't have the energy to get up yet so I decided to check my phone because I haven't taken a look at it since last night. I answered a couple of messages from friends congratulating me on my podium and saw the missed calls from my mother. I will call her later when I actually know where the hell my head is at.
While scrolling through my DMs I saw an unfamiliar profile picture there. I first opened the account to see who it is to just be taken by surprise. It was Belle. Why would she text me? Did something happen after I left? I finally open the message hoping that everything is alright.

belle_grimaldi replied to your story:
You were too tired, huh?

She replied to my story? What story? I open my profile only to see the drunk stories I had posted. Oh god... At least the tifosi for sure had fun watching that. I see that she followed me so I followed her back. After that, I decided to answer her text.

charlesleclerc
Stalker...

Okay, that was cringe for sure. I notice that I started overthinking it so I got up, took some aspirin and got ready for a run. At least I remember where my car is...

Belle's pov:

charlesleclerc

Stalker...

What the-
Okay, I admit that it was kinda weird following him and replying to his story just after one dinner when we haven't seen each other for years like we were besties but still... rude?

belle_grimaldi

Lier...

After sending the message I finally get out of bed and get ready for my interview today. I guess people have more interest in me since I started going to events with my parents which I didn't like very much but I knew it would be like this since I was little. My parents always used to talk me through what it would be when I grow up. That's why they let me live my life however I wanted but this option is not on the table anymore, when I am already 21. I have to prepare for the real royal world which seemed scary to me. 

"Honey, are you ready to leave? The driver is waiting for you in the car!" After hearing my mother yelling this from downstairs I immediately felt like throwing up. And I did. Anxiety has never been my best friend in moments like this. But no one knew about it except my doctor and it better stay that way. I take the pill that I forgot, which led to this not-pretty scene in my bathroom and leave.

At the place where we were gonna shoot, a very nice woman told me where to go and what to do as it was my first time doing something like that after years. When everything is ready I meet my interviewer and the show begins...

Surprisingly, everything is going well.

"Now let's deepen a little bit into your personal life, shall we? I'm sure people would love to learn more about you."

Correction: everything was going great...

"Speaking on everyone's behalf, we were really surprised to see you at the Grand Prix last weekend. What was the reason for you being there?"

"Well, my parents have always respected my personal space and they let me live my teenage years as I wanted, not under the spotlight. But now it is time for me to take over my duties as the first daughter of the royal family, so here I am." 

"But what about your sister? She was doing all of that until now. Is there a conflict between you two because of that?"

Oh boy...

"As I said, I have the full support from my parents-"

"Yes, but I am asking about your sister."

"Hey, that's enough!" I hear another male voice talking to the interviewer.

I wasn't even listening to him anymore. The only things I could notice were my shaky legs and hands along with my blurry vision. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Come on." I didn't realize what was happening when I felt a hand grabbing mine and making me follow the person who was doing that. We ended up going outside where I could finally catch my breath.

"Yes, that's great, just keep breathing." Wait, this voice sounds familiar. After I calmed down I finally looked up to see who I was with. The boy who told the interviewer to stop. 

"Thank you for saving me, I owe you. Just tell me what you want and I'll try my best." 

"What about a coffee?"

"Coffee?"

"Yep."

What is going on?

"Okay, I'm not sure I get what you mean..."

"Ugh, I just want to go out and drink coffee with you. Is this okay? If it's not that's alright too, you don't owe me anything, honestly."

I haven't been asked out by a man since my last relationship. Well, I have but I never liked them. This seems like a completely different case though.

"Wait, I don't even know your name."

"It's Matt. Short for Matthew."

"Alright, nice to meet you, Matthew. I'm Belle." I give him my hand to shake but he just starts walking away from me leaving me there standing in shock.

"Where are you going?"

He doesn't even turn around when he answers me.

"For coffee. You coming?"

"Yea, but I am in heels so you maybe wait for me?" I say jokingly angry as I run a little to get to him so he finally slows down. "And I am choosing the place." Let's see where this goes, I guess...