Enter Vector! Search For Shadows!

Yuma found himself running through the Heartland Pier, dark as it was, Yuma continued the run in a panic. Speaking into his Duel Gazer.

"Ray it's me, Ray!" Yuma shouted as he heard a voice cried out from his Duel Gazer.

"Yuma you gotta hurry, please! Ahhhhh!!!!" Yuma's friend cried in pain as his Duel Gazer com cut out.

"You there?" Yuma questioned, worried about his friend as he continued running down the pier, searching for the orange headed Barian. "Hold on, Ray!!"

Yuma turns a corner in the pier, coming upon a giant red orb above the ground. A Barian Sphere Field, with two duelists inside, Yuma's Barian friend, Ray. And another mysterious Barian.

"Oh! No! Ray!" Yuma called out to his friend who was currently on his knees inside the Barian Sphere Field, in pain

"Reporting for duty, Yuma?" Ray asked in a very calm and strong voice.

"Yeah. Sure. But who's... that?" Yuma questioned, wondering about the mysterious Barian dueling against Ray. The Barian's eyes glowed a deep pink once he noticed Yuma's presence.

"An unwelcome intrusion. We'll finish this later." A portal then opened up behind the Barian, teleporting him away. As soon as the Barian left, the Sphere Field also began to fade away, pacing Ray back on the ground in front of Yuma.

"Ray! Oh no, are you okay?" Yuma asked worriedly as his friend quickly fell to his knees in pain once again. "Who was that guy?"

"He's the worst Barian of them all. And we've been after him for years. Vector." Ray explained. "Listen, Yuma. I've gotta go after him. But while I'm away, it is your duty to protect this world."

"Sir, you can count on me!" Yuma said, imitating a soldier's hand salute.

"I'm leaving these with you." Ray stated as he handed the younger Tsukumo a few cards. Specifically, Barian cards. "You're gonna need all the help you can get, Yuma."

"Maybe so but these are Barian cards, Ray." Yuma said, expressing his concern about wielding such cards.

"And I think you already know you have to keep it a total secret that I have these cards to you." Ray explained.

"Yeah, but... maybe... maybe we should tell Astral that even though you're a Barian you're on of the good guys." Yuma pleaded, hating that he had to keep his Barian cards from his closest friend, Astral.

"We can't." Ray stated. "If anybody found out about me now that intel would only put Astral in extreme danger. Astral will know everything about me soon, I promise. But until then, you'll have to trust me."

"You have my complete trust." Yuma said, staring into the Barian's eyes with great determination. "I'm at your command." Yuma then once again, imitated a soldier's hand salute, with Ray returning the salute.