Y/N's Test: Part 5! Winds Of The Past!

'Win this duel.... And this test.... And then you shall understand...' The words rattled throughout Y/N's mind for what felt like an eternity before coming back to the reality of the duel he was currently in.

'Any suggestions 98?' Y/N asked his signature Number Monster, as the Tsukumo placed his hand on his deck. His hands and even his very thoughts were shaking in fear of defeat.

'Believe in your cards, and most importantly, yourself... We will conquer all...' 98 states boldly, Y/N could feel the meaning of the Number's words. They brought a slight smile to the Tsukumo's face.

'You're right. Let's show them why we're the best!!' Y/N's eyes widened as he forced his aura to flare up as much as it could, covering even his duel disk and deck with the aura's determining power.

All fell silent in the dueling field as Y/N focused deep within himself. This would be his last turn, whether he won and continued on, or failed the test. All depended on this last draw.

Y/N's heart raced as he struggled to pull his hand from his deck, drawing his last card. He just couldn't do it. Not by himself.

Suddenly, a familiar voice cut through the silence as Y/N felt a mechanical but warming hand placed on his. The hand and voice belonged to his brother, Yuma. More specifically, his brother's powerful and mysterious ZEXAL transformation, the same one that Y/N dreamt about before the duel began.

Yuma's prescience disappeared as soon as Y/N could process who it was that had connected with him, but that slight moment was all the determined Tsukumo needed. He was ready, his hand shifted to grasp the top card of Y/N's deck, prepared to draw it. And as his hand shifted to meet the top card of his deck, a deem golden glow meet his hand right back. While the glow was so dim that Y/N couldn't even see the glow, only feel that it was there, but that was enough, for the Tsukumo knew what was next to come, and the words Y/N next spoke were full of strength, pride, and determination.

"I AM A TRULY POWERFUL DUELIST!! I CAN EVEN SHAPE THE VERY OUTCOME OF ANY DUEL!!!" Y/N shouted as he drew a single card from the top of his deck, glowing so bright that is completely consumed the hall in a golden aura. "I WILL CREATE THE CARDS THAT WILL LEAD ME TO VICTORY!! GO!! SHINING DRAW!!!"

"SHINNING DRAW?!?!??" Shadow Girag and Shadow Dumon shouted in pure shock and surprise at Y/N display of dueling prowess, but the Tsukumo elected to ignore their surprised reactions.

The light faded and Y/N looked at the once golden card in his hand. He drew the only card he knew could save him, and with it, his victory was set in stone.

'Thank you brother...' Y/N thought as he wondered about how Yuma's search for the Mythyrian Numbers was going, the older Tsukumo quickly shook away the thought as it began to distract him from the duel that is at hand.

"You said one turn, I'm using it! I'll start by activating the spell, Flute of Summoning Kuriboh!" Y/N stated, drawing every ounce of strength he had to make sure he would win on this turn. "This spell allows me to add one Kuriboh to my hand."