The Butterfly Of Space And Darkness

"Emperors... bring the Chaos..." Nash's orders ring through Palarisk's mind as the Barian warrior knows what he must do. Palarisk is imbued with a greater force, no doubt from Nash, although, deep down, Palarisk knew he didn't need the power boost for what he was about to do.

"Chaos Draw!!!" Palarisk shouts as he draws the burning dark pink card from his deck, causing the same light to erupt from his deck, consuming the entire duel field with its glow.

As the dark pink aura consumed the duel field, Dextra covered her eyes from the bright light, smiling to her.

'You're so strong... Y/N... I can't remember a time when we were ever on the same level...' Dextra closed her eyes, remembering what felt like a past lifetime, smiling slightly to herself at the memories. 'You were always so far ahead... but you also always held out your hand to pull me forward.... Even back then...'

...

"AGGGHHH!!!" A male duelist shouts out in pain as he is sent flying into a wall from an electrical blast.

"AHHHHH!" A similarly clothed, female duelist is also knocked back by a similar bolt of lightning.

"Stay strong young duelists." A voice on an intercom states, the voice belonging to none other than Mr. Heartland. "I know you're battling pain and fatigue, but remember, if you can survive these exercises, you become one of a select group of elite duelists, who will lead the next generation!"

Mr. Heartland's speech gave confidence to most of the duelists inside the chamber with the robot. But one duelist just gritted his teeth in anger and annoyance instead. That duelist was Y/N, who stood beside Dextra, Nistro, and Kite, as they all competed against the giant duel robot. Several other duelists were in the chamber with Y/N, but most of them were collapsing onto the ground due to their continued pain and fatigue or being sent crashing into a wall, knocking them unconscious by the dueling robot.

"I activate a trap!" Dextra shouted, blocking one of the duel robot's twelve arms. Other duelists in the chamber were trying their best to dodge and or block the robot's relentless attacks, tiring themselves to the point of unconsciousness.