017

"Me and Sanzu dated for about 2 months, I thought he was just absolutely perfect and sweet, but it was all just a facade." She began as she rubbed her shoulder awkwardly. She looked at Senju for support, so Senju held her hand with a reassuring smile. Yuri sighed and continued.

"I'm not popular with boys since I'm labeled as a nerd, but anyways, I met Sanzu when we were assigned to do a project together. He called me pretty and really nice names, and overall, he seemed interested in me." She had a broken smile as she reminisced. "About 30 days into our relationship, he started getting distant, and he was  treating me wrong.

He would degrade and belittle me about the most unimportant things and would compare me to other girls." She took a breather as she tried to keep her composure. I tried to give her a reassuring look, but my face was empty.

"Anyways, from the first month, he kept on repeating those actions, but he told me he loved me and he'd always be with me. I believed him, so we kept on dating... Then the second month." This time, Yuri started crying lightly as Senju hugged her. "You don't have to tell her, I'll -"

Yuri put her hand up to stop Senju. "I have to, I can't let him hurt anymore women." Yuri said while wiping her tears with a napkin. She took her glasses off and sat them down gently.

"Someone told me he was a player one day, and they showed me him at a party making out with another female. I confronted him about it, but he denied it and tried to say someone drugged his drink. When I told him that it was over since I had trust issues, he slapped me and forced me to stay, or he'd do something that neither of us would've wanted."

Senju clenched her fist as she tried to keep her calm, but on the inside, she was livid. "Me being the foolish girl I was, I decided to stay, and that's when it got bad. He started going to more parties, getting drunk and doing drugs.

He was cheating on me, and it was obvious, but I couldn't escape. When I finally had my last straw, I yelled at him to leave me alone and that we were done. He didn't like that, so he grabbed a bottle from the counter and hit me against the head several times.

I ended up having to go to their hospital, but whatever he did, he somehow managed to avoid charges." She wiped more tears, trying to steady her breathing. "When I was released from the hospital, he texted me saying how I was an attention-seeking whore and a lot of other things."

She grabbed her phone and went through her messages, showing me. I scanned them with a blank face. I was hurting on the inside, how could he? "I stayed quiet the whole year and kept to myself." She added and I nodded. Senju gave her another hug. I went over and hugged her too as she whispered in my ear.

"Don't...Don't let him scare you Y/N. If he tries to threaten you, call the police, do something, fight back. Don't let him control you."

I nodded and looked into her pure eyes. We thanked her as we both left the classroom. Senju followed me to my class and I understood why. Sanzu looked at me from across the class and stood up. I immediately went over and swallowed a breath I'd been holding. Senju held my shoulder for relief as I tried to speak, but words were stuck.

Sanzu gave me a confused look. "Y/N, what's wrong?" He questioned with a worried look. I looked into his eyes. People have said that you could always read a person by their eyes, but his were confusing. She tried to speak but suddenly got scared when he looked at Senju.

He gave her such a nasty look that it sent a chill throughout Y/Ns body and stayed like that for seconds. Though that look was only for a split second, me and Senju managed to catch it.

"I..." Y/N started breathing heavily. "Breathe," Senju guided slowly as I nodded. "I'm breaking up with you. Don't ask for an explanation because I don't have one to give you! I'm breaking up, I'm breaking -" She fell to the ground suddenly.