CHAPTER NINETEEN

italics is narrated
Bold is messages
« « « « « « « « « «
                                 (Serenity point of view)
"i'm sorry." i told Ashtray as we got to the gate in front of my house.

"s'all good, you take care of your friend." he said giving me a kiss on my chin, then he leaned up some more and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"i'll see you soon?" he questioned me

i nodded me head 'yeah'.

i grabbed my belongings and opened the car door getting out his car and walking to the gate.

one of the guards, who's name i don't remember because he never talks opens the gate for me, before shutting it behind me.

i walk up to the driveway still seeing the headlight on, making me know that ashtray is still here, probably waiting for me to go inside before he leaves.

i unlock the door and find my dad sitting on a chair in front of the island, with a bottle of tequila next to him and a cup 1/3 filled with the liquor. 

"dad?" i question. he's hardly ever just sitting by himself drinking tequila. a couple of beers isn't out of the ordinary but tequila?

i walk more closer to him, no matter what state he's in, he's never hurt me, so i'm not afraid of him drink, he isn't a bad drunk. usually he's funny.

"i can't find those pendejos and it's driving me crazy." he said with a low voice. (assholes)

"how much do they owe you?" i asked him pulling a chair out and sitting next to him.

"they owe us twelve-thousand." he said taking a swing out of the bottle.

"dad- please stop drinking." i said not liking him drink like this.

he placed the bottle on the island, before sliding it to me.

i grab the bottle and put the lid on before putting it in our liquor room. when i come back to the kitchen, my dad was stumbling his way to toss out the remaining alcohol in his cup.

"come on dad, let's go to bed." i said taking ahold of his hand and slowly leading him to the stairs so i can take him to his room.

after leading my dad to his room and laying him on his bed. i place a kiss on his cheeks and walked out his room, turning off the lights as i walked out.

i walked to my room to see maddy laying down on my bed, with a big tee shirt on and some shorts.

"are you okay maddy?" i asked her sitting down on the bed with her.

"i just feel like nobody cares about how i feel, nobody understands Serenity, i love him. he didn't mean to hurt me." she cried to me.

i decided not to argue with her. i don't know how she feels, but i do know. that she's stupid. he doesn't love her, if he loved her he would treat her like a person, not an object.

"i know maddy, your going through a lot right now, but you need to do what's best for you. your future is all based off decisions you make now." i told her bringing her into my arms and giving her a hug while she cried on my shoulder.

"i just love him so much, i know he's not good for me, but my heart needs him. i know he'll do anything for me." she cried more.

"i know maddy, just think about yourself, it's okay to be selfish." i told her pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Maddy's phone dinged and she picked it up quickly.

"ima go wash my makeup off and change into something for bed" i told maddy getting up.