CHAPTER TWENTY

bold is messages
italics is narrated
« « « « « « « « « «

mcKay's preview:

Christopher McKay's father demanded excellence.

As much as he hated his father for the pressure he put on him. he knew it was because he was special. because he had a gift.

because he saw something in him, that could one day lead to greatness.

the truth was mcKay was shy but winning gave him confidence. And that confidence was the result of his dad's beliefs.

routine. routine. routine.

he was recruited to play division one football at the state college thirty miles from his house.

he began to imagine a life in the NFL.

he knew he was smarter than most football players, and that he would take the money he earned and invest it wisely, he would use it to build an empire.

And then he got to college, and he realized that everyone on the team was as good as him, if not better.

he spent all of preseason on the bench.

when the offensive coordinator would break down plays, he'd find his mind wondering, trying to do the math, and the odds of him going pro. if there were a hundred-twenty-nine D1 teams, and eighty five players per team, that made him one of ten-thousand nine-hundred and sixty-five.

And he realized, he didn't stand a chance of going pro.

But at the same time, he started dating Cassie. and as stupid as it sounds, he fell in love with her. That's probably what was getting in the way. Cassie is all he ever thought about.

And those fucking photos and that fucking video. He just couldn't understand how she could have so little respect for herself. But the thing that really pissed him off was when she'd play dumb about it, like at the carnival.

I mean even her mother said it.

But he also liked the way she made him feel. And he liked the way she dressed to a certain point. But it's not like he would say anything, he wasn't that possessive. And he liked how she'd walk in the room, and every guy would turn their head. That's what made it fun.

They were jealous of him, because she was his.
****
                              (third person point of view)
every time i feel good i think it'll last forever. but it doesn't.

all the girls meet at the halloween party.

well rue, jules, kat, lexi and cassie actually went to the halloween party together.

Maddie was no where to be found. she keep ignoring every one's messages. including Serenity's.

Serenity was actually at her house when she was getting ready, with ashtray.

She quite literally begged ashtray to match with her. Serenity is a cop, and ashtray is in a orange jumpsuit as a criminal.

which he was pretending he was annoyed with, when in reality he didn't mind. Serenity look good in her small outfit. Ashtray's favorite part was the fishnets she had on. if she was his he would say fuck the party and have her his way all night.

"do you think my makeup looks weird?" she snapped ashtray out his thought of what he'd do to her.

"nah you look good." he said his eyes exploring everything she had on display. the opening showing damn near all her boobs. one wrong move and they're out for anyone to see.