This is Sophia

I take Peta back to my apartment, which is before seven am. Val had left to go find Maks. Peta was very upset and I understand where she's coming from. I asked Witney to pick up Sophia and bring her to my apartment.

Someone knocks on the door and I go to answer it. Witney is waiting on the other side of the door with Sophia on her hip. "Hey Jen." She says.

"Hi Witt." I answer.

"Momma." Sophia whines with her arms outstretched to me. I lift her out of Witney's arms and say, "Thanks for picking her up."

"No problem." Witney answers, "Bye."

"Bye." I reply and I close the door. I carry Sophia and her bag into the living room. Peta notices that I'm carrying Sophia in. "Whose this?" Peta asks.

"Uh..." I never did tell her, she was too close to someone in Val's life. "She's my daughter." I state.

"When- who- what?" Peta questions.

"When Val left, she's Val's and this is Sophia." I explain.

"Oh." Peta murmurs.

"Who Momma?" Sophia asks pointing to Peta.

"This your aunt Peta." I say to her.

"Aunt Eta." Sophia squeals.

"Aunt Eta?" Peta questions.

"She can't pronounce p's yet." I state.

(Val's POV)

I have a pretty good idea of where to look for Maks. He usually goes to a bar downtown when he's upset or angry. I walk into the bar and there's my older brother sitting on a barstool. "Maks." I murmur.

"Val, what are you doing here?" he questions.

"Wondering the same of you." I reply, "Why did you leave her?"

"I'm not ready to have a kid." Maks answers.

"Do you think I am, I just found out last night that I have an 11 month daughter." I state. He gives me a shocked face for a moment trying to think. "Is she Jenna's?" he asks.

"Yeah." I reply.

"What's her name?" Maks says.

"Sophia Brandi Johnson." I say.

"Who told you?" he asks with a laugh. He probably already has an idea of who. "Blabber mouth was drunk and he told me." I answer.

"Wow, Mark still does that." He laughs.

"Yep." I say, "But Maks don't be that dad goes and comes back over a year later and realizes that he missed out on so much."

"Like you?" he questions with a smirk.

"Yeah like me, I'm a perfect example, I have missed so much in Sophia's life and I don't want to miss anymore." I explain.

"So what does Jenna know you know?" he asks.

"Nope." I reply.

"Are you gonna tell her?" Maks states.

"I want to." I say.

"You should." Maks tells me.

"How?" I question.

"Take her on a date and tell her then." Maks says.

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, my sister just graduated from high school.