Too Early

(Jenna's POV)
I've reached that point in my pregnancy where the baby has began kicking and it's pretty amazing. Val loves every moment I call him over when our baby boy begins to kick, amazement on his face. As for Sophia I think it's finally crossing her mind that she won't be an only child anymore.

Early one morning in my sixth month of pregnancy, I feel sharp pains in my stomach. "Val." I whisper, awaking my husband. "What's wrong Jennybug?" he questions.

"He's coming." I reply.

"What he's not due for a few more months!" Val exclaims, leaping out of bed to get changed. "Well get Sophia and I'm gonna call Britt and Paul." I state as he dashes out of the room to go get our sleeping toddler. After speaking with Brittany briefly, she told me that she's on her way and Val returns with a sleepy Sophia.

"Mommy what happenin'?" Sophia questions rubbing her eyes as Val sets her on the bed and goes to the baby boy's room. "Well I think your brother wants to meet you." I say.

"Rweally?" Sophia grins.

"Yep." I answer.

(Val's POV- 5 hours later)
It was too early in the pregnancy for Jenna to push the baby out so they're preforming an emergency C-section and our baby boy is whisked off to the NICU. A nurse comes to me, saying, "Congrats Mr. Chmerkovskiy you're baby boy is here." She hands me a few papers. I can't believe that I have son. A grin is plastered to my face as I wait for Jenna to wake up so we can go to meet him.

"Val." Jenna whispers as she wakes.

"Hi Bambi." I say quietly, taking her hand and kissing it. "Our baby- is he ok?" Jenna questions, in sudden fear.

"He's perfect, they took him to the NICU- I don't wanna meet him without you." I say and she gives me a smile.

"So what are we waiting for?" Jenna questions, a few minutes later a nurse comes in with a wheelchair and I help Jenna into it as we go down to the NICU. "And here's your handsome little man." the nurse says, "I'm Nurse Rachel, the head nurse of the NICU."

"Nice to meet you." I reply, shaking her hand and we stop at an incubator.

Jenna and I both gasp at first sight of our son

Jenna and I both gasp at first sight of our son. He's so small, hooked up to all those machines and wires, he just looks so small. "Hi little man." I grin, as Nurse Rachel opens one of the doors to the incubator and gestures for me to put my hand in. "Hi buddy." Jenna grins, tears dripping down her eyes. I brush my hand against his head and he shifts, crying a little.

"He's perfect Val." Jenna says, placing her head against me. "Yes our little Brent is." I reply, not realizing that I gave him a name.

"Yea Brent Richard Chmerkovskiy." Jenna smiles, "That's his name."

Brent Richard Chmerkovskiy
September 30th, 2019 at 8:19am
Weighing 2.7lbs