Part 1

Thank you so much for choosing to read "The Sweetest Thing"! As of 7/28/23, this story is almost finished- and I will be publishing the first half of it now, and the other half right when I am done, which will not be long from now at all. This story has been in the works for a while now, on my own. 

This story does contain sexually explicit scenes.

Let's get into it!

On my first day back from winter break, I knew I was going to have to act like I was glad to be back at school, and put on a happy face for all of my friends.

With my uniform, I would have to wear all the newest accessories I got during holiday break, and carry around my new Prada bag.

I'd have to act sad and sentimental about the fact that I would be graduating in June.

I didn't want to do it. Any of it. I was tired of pretending that I loved high school.

I was tired of pretending that I loved life.

However, when I got to my first class, History, I sat next to one of my friends, Madison.

Madison Harmer isn't one of my closest friends, but we are friendly enough that I can hold a conversation with her and we can tell each other about our lives.

"Charlotte, is that bag new? It's so nice." Madison said as I sat down next to her.

"It is." I said, "Thank you, I got it for Christmas from my dad and stepmom."

"I'm sure you got some other nice things as well, right?" Madison asked, her golden blonde hair hanging in her face somewhat. It looked like she had gotten curtain bangs.

I held out my left wrist to Madison and rolled up my sleeve slightly- so she could see my new Versace watch.

Madison's green eyes widened, "That's beautiful! I love the rose gold."

"I like it a lot." I said, "Did you get anything nice over break?"

Madison was about to answer when our teacher, Mr. Frey, stood at the front of the classroom. The bell was about to ring.

While this was a new class, for a new semester, I had Mr. Frey as my teacher multiple times throughout my high school career.

"Alright, class." Mr. Frey said, as the bell rang, "Welcome to American History. I know for all of you, you're in the last semester of your high school career, ready to get on out of here. Some of you even know where you're going to college already. So I'll try to make this class as easy as possible for you."

Mr. Frey was not even thirty years old- so he understood how it was to be young. He hadn't even graduated high school 10 years ago.

"Alright, I'm going to do roll call. This will be the only time I do this for the year, just to get our bearings on the first day."

Mr. Frey started calling out names.

He got to my name and said, "Charlotte Voss?"

"Here." I said.

He then said I name that I didn't recognize at all.

"Vivienne Walton?"

There was no response.

Mr. Frey looked around the room, "I wonder if she's new to the school. I'll give her some time."

Little did I know- that name would eventually become so important to me.

Mr. Frey started jumping into the syllabus when the door to the classroom opened.

Everyone turned to look to see who it was.