Part 16

"So...is Vivienne your girlfriend?"

Grayson asked me this the next weekend after I had gone with Vivienne to The College of New Jersey.

Thankfully he asked me quietly, as we were at our dads house.

"I don't think so...nothing is official. Why?" I asked him back, my tone low.

"My boy Ryan wanted to ask her to the prom." Grayson said.

"Does he even know Vivienne?" I asked, turning to Grayson.

"No. He just thinks she's hot. And he can pull." Grayson said, "But I can put him off to it. Tell him I know she's got a boyfriend or something."

"I think that would bode well for Ryan." I said, "I wouldn't want him to get upset or anything. Because I know Vivienne would say no."

"Because of you?" Grayson asked me.

"I don't know. Maybe. I mean, he can ask her if he wants. I just don't think she will say yes."

"Gotcha." Grayson said, "I'll tell him not to."

I hung out with Olivia that night- we got some dinner- and while I was there, I got a text from Vivienne. Asking if I wanted to come over.

"Mind if I answer this?" I asked Olivia, "It's Vivienne."

"Go ahead. You don't have to ask me." Olivia said, taking a bite of her salad.

I answered Vivienne, telling her I could be at her house around 9.

She told me her parents were out to dinner with some friends, and most likely wouldn't be home until very late.

"Do you think you'll fuck?" Olivia asked me.

I felt myself get hot as I said, "Maybe? I mean, I wouldn't mind it. We haven't since the one time she...did stuff to me."

"But you'd like to again?" Olivia smiled knowingly.

"Of course." I said, "But who knows if we will. We always have a flirtatious vibe going...but it also feels like we are friends as well. She is my friend."

"With benefits." Olivia said, with a wink.

"Viv and I have said that." I said, "I think it's good that we've kind of established that boundary."

"Do you want to be more?"

I sighed, "Deep down...I think so. But I have to think logically. I can't be out. We're starting college next year. I just don't think being a couple would work."

"I get that." Olivia nodded, "I know it's hard to admit that though."

It was hard to admit that. Because the thought of not having Vivienne in my life was now something I didn't want to picture.

At least I didn't have to worry about that at this moment- because after dinner with Olivia, I was driving to her house.

If only I knew I was going to Vivienne's after. I would've worn a matching bra and underwear. Not a pink bra and black underwear.

Vivienne looked happy to see me when she opened the door. She had on a cute wine colored sweater and black leggings.

"Want to head down to the basement?" she asked me, "I baked cookies. They're on a plate down there. I may have been snacking on them."

"What kind?" I asked, following Vivienne down to the basement.

"Brown butter snickerdoodle. Brown butter makes all cookies better." Vivienne said.