Part 21

4 Years Later

Just three years ago, I had been at a house party, dancing with who I thought could be my soulmate.

She had come to visit me, and we started dancing up on each other at the house party. Eventually, we started kissing. And then one thing led to another, and we were in my dorm room fucking.

That was three years ago with Vivienne.

And now, fast forward to the age of 22- I was waking up in a stranger's bed after a night at a lesbian club.

Well, maybe not quite a stranger. Just someone I'd met 12 hours ago.

I got up quietly as she kept sleeping- and for a moment I really thought about leaving while she slept.

No harm in that, right?

However, as I finished putting on my shorts, Rhea, the woman who I had slept with the night before, woke up.

"Are you heading out?" she asked me, sitting up in bed, her black hair messy.

"I am." I said, "I have to go back home, I've got some things going on today."

That's not a lie.

Rhea nodded, "Gotcha. It was nice meeting you Charlotte, we should do this again sometime."

"That sounds good to me." I said, flashing Rhea a smile.

Thank god I had followed her back to her apartment and she doesn't have to drive me to my car.

I awkwardly said goodbye to Rhea- and rushed out of her apartment, and to my car.

When I got in my car, I looked at myself in the rear view mirror. My makeup from the night before was smudged- and I had sex hair.

My blonde hair was a bit all over the place. I had to make sure to tame it before walking into my moms house

Now that I had graduated college, I was back living with my mom and Kenneth, who she was now married to.

Michelle is a freshman in college, she goes to Temple University. Grayson moved out when he was 19- and he works as an electrician.

So, it was just me, my mom, and Kenneth, when Michelle wasn't home for breaks.

I had to get ready, as that afternoon I was going to be headed to a house party. Olivia invited me, her co-workers sister had just moved into a townhome, and was having an open house style party. Olivia said anyone could come.

Olivia was my roommate all of freshman year of college- until she left University to do what she always wanted to do- become an esthetician. It's great for me, I get free facials and lash extensions.

When I got home, Kenneth was at work- but my mom was there. It was still pretty early, not even 10 AM- and she was cooking herself an omelet.

"Want one?" she asked me, after I greeted her and walked into the kitchen.

"Just a cup of coffee, please." I said, sitting at the kitchen counter.

My mom looked at me and asked, "Where were you last night?"

"Out." I said, "I wound up staying the night...with a friend."

My mom didn't look convinced. "Sure." she said.

She started fixing me a cup of coffee, putting a nespresso pod into her espresso machine.

"What are your plan today?" my mom asked me. It was Saturday, and I wasn't working.