Epilogue- Part 1

Here's part 1 to the epilogue of "The Sweetest Thing"! There will be a second part to the epilogue as well. Let's get into it.

Around a year later

"So. Who would you say has been the bigger bridezilla through all of this? You or Vivienne?"

Olivia asked me this question the night before the wedding.

Vivienne and I were getting married almost a year after she proposed to me.

Two months after she proposed to me, I did the same for her- and bought her a beautiful ring. Fit for a beautiful woman.

"I think we both know the answer to that." I said to Olivia.

She laughed and asked, "Vivienne?"

"Of course. Everything has to be perfect. I'm a little bit more chill in that way."

"Why you two are a great match." Olivia said, "Vivienne helps you go after what you want unapologetically. And you help her calm down when needed."

"I think that's an accurate description." Michelle chimes in.

Vivienne was staying at our apartment- and I was staying at my father's house the night before my wedding. Michelle and Olivia insisted on being there with me, and I was happy to let them.

Vivienne and I weren't having a bridal party. Our wedding was going to be small, with around 50 people. We toyed around with the idea of having a big wedding, in a grand hall, but even though we both love glitz and glam- it wasn't us.

This wedding wasn't about the day. Or the glamor. Or the attention. It was about Vivienne and I.

We booked the wedding at a beautiful hall that was converted from an old farmhouse. It had a lot of charm, but was also very elegant. We would have the ceremony in one room, and the reception in another.

While Vivienne and I didn't have a bridal party, and the only thing we did was have a small joint bridal shower, and a night out with friends a couple weeks prior for a "bachelorette", it was very important to Vivienne that we did not see each other's dresses until our "first look". I was itching to see what her dress looked like, but I knew it would be worth the wait.

I knew she was going to look absolutely breathtaking.

My mom had gone wedding dress shopping with Vivienne. Vivienne had brought her mom, my mom, her aunt, and Brynne- who she had become especially close with while they lived together.

"It was so fucking weird going shopping for something that important without you." Vivienne said to me after she found her dress, "That's how I know you're not just my fiancé, but my best friend. I wanted you there more than anyone."

I felt the same about Vivienne being there with me. I took my mom, Vivienne's mom, Nicole, Michelle, and Olivia. And the whole time, I wished Viv was there.

I wound up going with a strapless ball gown that had beading on the bust and below it. It was fit for a princess. I had a feeling Vivienne was going to go with something with more of a vintage feel that was a bit different.

And I was correct.

The morning of the wedding, we each got there separately, and had our hair and makeup done in different rooms at the venue. Michelle went back and forth to each room, and after we were both finished getting ready- Michelle said to me, "Vivienne looks insanely beautiful. You're going to love her dress."

That made me even more excited.

I stood in front of the mirror after I was finished with hair and makeup, and looked at myself in my wedding dress.