Part 25

Should I be worried that Vivienne wants to take things slow?

I wondered this at work, as I sat in the break room during my lunch time that next Wednesday.

It can't be a bad thing.

I know she's right.

I just know I want more. But I'm going to have to be patient.

Once again, Vivienne Walton had her spell on me. Not that it ever really went away- but it was intensified now that I had spent time with her alone again. Spending time with Vivienne always gave me this feeling inside- that I could just spend time with her forever.

Slow down, Charlotte.

I kept telling myself for the next couple of days to slow down in my thoughts. Vivienne and I were texting each day, which was helping as well.

On Friday night I was in my room, watching some Shameless reruns on Netflix, and I kept glancing at my phone.

Vivienne hasn't texted me back in a few hours.

I figured she had to be busy with school work- as I knew how much she had. Law school was no joke. She wasn't even able to work during it, it was so busy and challenging.

And Vivienne wasn't even passionate about it.

At 11:17 PM, my phone started to vibrate. I saw the caller's name, and immediately answered the phone.

"Charlotte, are you doing anything?"

Vivienne's voice came through, and I could just tell by her tone that she was stressed out.

"Just watching Netflix, are you alright?" I asked Vivienne.

She sighed, "I just fucking hate law school so much. I need to take my mind off it, I've been studying for hours, why I haven't answered. I know it's late, but but can I see you? I'll come to you, of course."

"Definitely." I said, getting up to change out of my pajamas, "We can do whatever you want."

"Thank you." Vivienne said, sounding relieved, "I'll let you know when I pull up."

Even though I am 22, almost 23, I knew my mom would still prefer for me to tell her where I am going- especially if I was leaving the house this late.

She was in the kitchen with Kenneth, and they were both drinking a glass of wine.

"Are you going somewhere?" she asked me, looking at me in my jeans and sweater.

"I am." I said, "Vivienne is picking me up. And no it's not for what you would think it is. She is just very stressed out, and needs some time away from studying."

My mom laughed, "Hey, what you do is your business. Thanks for telling me."

"I think it's good that you're spending time with Vivienne again." Kenneth said, "You seem happy to be seeing her. I can see a certain light in your eyes has come back."

I couldn't help but to smile, "It's a mixture of happiness and nerves."

"What is meant to be, will be." Kenneth said to me, taking a sip of wine.

Vivienne texted me when she pulled up in front of my house, and when I got in her car, a Drake song was playing softly in the background.

She was in a heavy jacket with a puffy hood, black leggings, Ugg slippers, and she had her glasses on.

She looked at me and said, "You got dressed cute. Meanwhile I just threw on a jacket."

"What if I wanted to impress you?" I asked her in a flirty tone.