Part 12

When I walked into history class on Monday- I immediately caught Vivienne's eye.

She had on a dark gray blazer over her uniform, and a black headband pushing back her hair.

Who knew that a girl that looks so prim and proper is so good at eating-

Stop it.

If you let your mind wander there, you won't be able to stop.

Vivienne was running through my mind the whole day. No matter what I would do, my mind kept reverting back to her.

And when I walked out of school that day, Michelle with me- I was surprised to see Vivienne standing in front of the school building with her bag. She was looking around, like she didn't want anyone to see her not driving.

I'm surprised she's not driving home in her Lexus.

I wanted to go up to Vivienne- but I wasn't sure if I should. She caught my eye and waved though- so I walked up to her- Michelle following me.

"Hey." I said to her, "Do you not have your car today?"

"No." she shook her head, "I needed an oil change today. My father is supposed to pick me up, but I think he forgot. And my mother can't, she's in Florida visiting my Aunt."

"I can give you a ride home." I said to Vivienne.

Vivienne looked at me for a moment and said, "I don't want to impose. My father, however, is not answering his phone. He probably got caught up in a meeting and forgot."

"Let me give you a ride home." I said to Vivienne, "It's really not a problem."

Vivienne looked at me and said, "Fine. Thanks, Charlotte."

I then said to Vivienne, "This is my younger sister, Michelle."

Vivienne nodded toward her, "Hello. I'm Vivienne."

"Hi." Michelle said shyly, and then she turned to me, "I'll sit in the backseat today so Vivienne can sit next to you."

"Are you sure?" I asked Michelle.

"Definitely." Michelle nodded.

"Thanks." Vivienne cracked a smile, "Then you won't feel so much like an uber."

In the car it was a little weird for me to have to hold back on flirting with Vivienne. I knew she wanted to as well.

"Michelle, what grade are you in?" Vivienne asked her.

"I'm in 9th grade." Michelle said back, looking pleased to be spoken to.

"Little piece of advice for you- don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks of you." Vivienne said, "Your life will be way easier."

"Oh!" Michelle said, "I try not to now...thanks, Vivienne."

"It's good advice." I said, "I wish I had learned that sooner."

When I pulled up to Vivienne's house, I said to her, "Hey, if you need someone to give you a ride to the car dealership if your dad is taking a while, let me know."

Vivienne gave me a grateful smile, "Thanks, Charlotte. I don't think it'll come to that, but if it does, I appreciate it."

Vivienne then turned her head to Michelle, "Nice to meet you."

"You too!" Michelle said back to her.

As Vivienne walked up to her house, I saw Michelle looking at her.

"She's pretty cool." Michelle said.

"I agree." I said to Michelle, "Want to come up to the front?"

Michelle nodded, a few seconds later she was in the passenger seat.