Part 26

"Are you doing anything for your birthday?"

Vivienne asked me this a few days before my 23rd birthday, which was the night before Thanksgiving.

She called me as I was leaving the nail salon with Olivia that Sunday before.

"No plans as of yet." I said.

"Good. I'd like to take you out." Vivienne said back, "Dinner, going out after...maybe a hotel room."

I felt heat rush to my face as she said the words "hotel room."

"That sounds wonderful, Viv." I said, "If you need help planning anything, let me know."

"Oh, no. You are not lifting a finger in this." Vivienne said, "I'll plan everything."

And that's exactly what she did. Olivia, Roberto, and Nick even planned to meet us at the club she planned for us to go to after dinner.

Vivienne planned for us to go to dinner at the amazing sushi restaurant that we went to weeks before- and then we were going to go to a bar/club about 25 minutes away.

Vivienne also chose a hotel room for us to go to near the bar- and when she told me the name of the hotel, I knew it must have cost a couple of hundred dollars for a room.

Even though it was cold out, I still put on a little black dress. I wore a pea coat over it to dinner, however I knew at the bar I would take it off. I also curled my hair, and put some gold sparkles over my eyeshadow I had on.

I want Vivienne to think I look good.

Besides driving up to Vivienne's, she said she was going to drive us everywhere else. When I got to her house, I couldn't take my eyes off her as she approached the door.

She had on a pair of tight dark wash jeans, a leather jacket, and a crop top- showing off her cleavage and the lower part of her stomach.

I had to keep my jaw from dropping. Her hair, which she had recently cut back up to her shoulders, was curled.

She smiled when she saw me.

"Like what you see, birthday girl?"

She totally knew that I was gawking at her and her outfit.

"You're enough of a present as is." I said to her, "I don't need anything else."

Vivienne's cheeks flushed and she said, "Maybe I was trying to impress you. Just maybe."

"Well, it worked." I said.

"Good." Vivienne winked at me, "That was the goal."

Vivienne and I got into her car, and she drove us over to the restaurant. We were seated in a booth again, and Vivienne said to me, "Obviously, this is all on me tonight."

"Are you sure?" I asked Vivienne, "It almost doesn't seem fair."

"Am I sure?" she scoffed, "It's your birthday."

"I didn't get to do this much for yours." I said back.

"Well...we weren't in the place we are now. And you gave me a kiss. That was enough for me." Vivienne said, looking at the menu, "Get anything you want. The price doesn't matter."

I looked at the beautiful woman across the table from me, and almost started to get emotional.

This is all I've been wanting for the past three years.

Her.

Anytime I was out with either Marina, or another woman- Vivienne was always in the back of my mind. And now she's right in front of me.