Part 6

Vivienne and I got an A+ on our project. 100%.

"I knew we would." Vivienne said to me, when she came up to me after class, "You can be my project partner anytime, Charlotte."

One thing I noticed was that I never saw Vivienne during lunch. I found myself looking for her in the cafeteria.

The next Wednesday after we hung out, I found my answer as to where she went during lunch.

I had to make copies of a paper for my English class- so at the beginning of my lunch, I went to the library.

I saw Vivienne sitting at one of the computers, reading a book.

When she saw me, she waved.

I decided to walk over to her.

"Hey, Charlotte." she said to me, putting a pink bookmark in her book and closing it.

"Is this where you spend lunch?" I asked her, "I haven't seen you in the cafeteria."

"It is." Vivienne nodded, "I like to read. I'd prefer to do that in a quiet place like the library than sit in a loud, stuffy cafeteria."

"I get that, actually." I said, "But you're more than welcome to sit with my friends and I anytime. If you want social interaction."

"I'm getting social interaction right now." Vivienne said, "I was going to ask you what you're doing this weekend. I see you get your nails done. I've been wanting to get mine done. I thought maybe we could together?"

Getting my nails done was something I do with my mom a lot. But I knew I could tell her I was going with a friend this time.

"Of course." I said, "I can make an appointment for us at the place I go to."

"Sounds like a plan." Vivienne said, and she gave me a smile.

Those dimples.

I told my mom when I got home from school that I would be getting my nails done with a friend.

"It's who I saw on Friday night, I was working with her on a school project." I said, "She's actually pretty nice. She wants to get her nails done, and I told her I would show her where we go."

I tried to sound as casual as possible.

My mom looked at me and chuckled, "You can go with your friends- I don't mind. You don't have to explain it to me."

"Okay. Thanks." I said to her.

"I think it's good that you're making another friend." she said to me, "Of course you have your core group. But there's nothing wrong with spending time with people outside of that."

"Agreed." I said.

I called the nail salon I go to, called Sunshine Nails. The only appointment I could get for the two of us was at 7:00- the last before they close.

I texted Vivienne about the time, asking if it was okay.

"Perfectly fine." she texted back.

On Friday night I hung out with Amanda, Valentina, and Olivia at Amanda's house. She has a heated jacuzzi in her sunroom- so we all changed into our swimsuits and went in it. Even in the dead of winter.

As the four of us sat in the jacuzzi together and laughed and talked about numerous topics, such as people at our school and college, Amanda said to me, "You've been talking to the new girl sometimes, right?"

I saw Olivia glance at me.

"We worked on a project together, yes."

"She has a great sense of fashion." Amanda said, "Reminds me of yours, Char."