Part 2

At the beginning of high school, I felt like I was on top of the world.

And in my school, I basically was.

I was a so-called "popular" girl. I made sure to always look nice for school. Kids in older grades talked to me- including boys that were seniors, even. Which now looking back, I find very weird. I'd never talk to a freshman in that way.

It seemed as though in my first two years of high school especially, people either feared me, or tried to be my friend.

I let a lot of people in, just to say I had a bunch of friends and gain the popularity. I would get invited to parties, and even have some myself at my house.

When my junior year came around, I started to care about the things that I cared about my first two years of high school much less. The stress of life- and school- started to get to me.

My future mattered more than being "popular".

And my hidden demons were starting to catch up with me. At a rate that was more than I could handle.

At the beginning of this year, I really decided that I was over high school. I had my friends that I considered to be "real". I wasn't interested anymore in going to all of the parties. I guess you could say I was still considered "popular"- however I didn't really care. I still took pride in looking nice at school, however that was pretty much it.

I had too much on my mind to care about all of the things I did when I was 15.

It seemed as though everyone else did as well. Popularity and cliques didn't matter as much this year.

I was talking to people that I wouldn't even have batted an eye at my freshman year, if I was being honest.

I mainly spoke to Amanda, Olivia, and Valentina.

Olivia is the one I've known the longest. Our mothers are friends, they have been since high school. So Olivia was kind of a built-in friend since I was born. We just so happen to get along very well. Olivia has always been the "devil" to my "angel" side. She is loud, and is not afraid to let anyone know what is on her mind. She is only five feet tall, yet her personality makes her six feet. We didn't start going to the same school until middle school, however we have been friends forever, pretty much.

I met Valentina in elementary school, when we were in 6th grade. I remembered thinking she was very pretty, with her long, shiny, dark hair and light brown skin. She had a great smile, and always wore pretty lipgloss. We became fast friends- and we've stayed friends. Valentina is the type to sit back and observe before stating her opinion on things. She is more so on the quiet side- but knows how to have fun.

When I was a freshman, and a bit of a bitch at times, admittedly, becoming my friend wasn't easy. Amanda, however, got there. I thought she was very funny, she always had a witty comment to make- and I knew that she was "popular" from the middle school she had come from. So naturally, I gravitated toward her. In the beginning, our friendship was pretty shallow. We bonded over gossiping, secrets, and material things. However, our friendship grew into something much deeper when I helped her get through some tough times.

I had friends. I didn't feel as though I needed any more good friends.

So why did I want to talk to Vivienne so badly?

For the next couple of days, when I would see her in class in my head I would think-

"Try to come up with some way to talk to her."

Immediately though, I would tell myself I was an idiot for wanting to do that.

My chance came on Friday to be able to talk to Vivienne. Quite a bit, actually.