Part 17

"I'll go to prom with you and your friends."

It was the beginning of April, and prom was in a month and a half. Vivienne came up to me after first period and told me this.

'Really?" I asked her, "You will?"

"Don't ask me twice and make me change my mind." Vivienne said, "The answer is yes."

"Do you want to sit with us at lunch instead of in the library today?" I asked Vivienne, "Now that it's getting closer, we were going to start making some plans for it."

"Fine." Vivienne said, "I will. But don't expect it to be an everyday thing."

I couldn't help but to chuckle, "I'm not, Viv. Don't worry."

Olivia, Amanda, Valentina, and I sat for lunch together later that day- and I told them that Vivienne would be joining us.

"Why am I slightly intimidated by her?" Amanda asked.

"Because she can be intimidating." I said, "Just don't ask her too many questions. She will probably just not care and go along with whatever we do."

A moment later, Vivienne came walking up to our table.

"Hey." she said, looking at me, "May I sit?"

I moved over to make room for her to sit next to me.

"Hi, Vivienne." Valentina said, "We're all glad you'll be joining us for prom."

"Thanks." Vivienne said. She had a container with her that had some kind of quinoa salad in it, but she hadn't opened it.

"So I was thinking we'd get a limo." Amanda said, "Since it'll be no more than 10 people."

"I'm not going to bring a date." Olivia said, "I'm going to ride solo. And if I happen to want to dance with someone at prom, I'll dance with them."

Interesting.

"Okay." Amanda nodded, "So as it stands, Val and I are the only ones with dates. That'll still leave 7 of us. Plenty for a limo. Does that work with you all?"

"Yes." I said, with a nod.

Amanda looked at Vivienne, "Does that work for you as well, Vivienne? I want you to feel included too."

"Please do not take this rudely. But I do not care." Vivienne said, "Whatever plans you make, I will not stop you, and I will go along with the day of."

"Easy enough!" Amanda said.

We planned to take a limo, and take pictures at Amanda's house. Amanda would also be having a post-prom party at her house.

"This is going to be fun." Valentina said, as the bell rang.

Vivienne got up and said, "Thanks, ladies. I'll see you all later."

She gave me a small smile before walking off.

As Olivia and I walked to our next class, I asked her, "Are you sure you don't want to bring a date to prom? Where did that come from?"

"It's for you, actually. And I don't mind doing it one bit. I figured if you and Vivienne were the only ones not with dates...it could possibly look a way you might not be comfortable with. I figured if three girls were going without dates, you'd feel better. Tell me if I'm wrong."

"I actually...really appreciate that." I said to Olivia, "It was a concern of mine. Especially when my dad inevitably shows up at pictures."

"Anything for you." Olivia said to me, with a soft smile.