Inner Badass

I woke up late, so I was rushing to get ready for school. It was three nights after the date, and Gigi practically exploded with excitement. She said she knew all along, but I don't think anyone had a doubt anyway.

So I was late. I paid very little attention to what I was wearing because I was in such a rush. I ended up wearing my wrote-all-over-jeans with my beat up pink converse and a Nirvana T-shirt.
Fifteen minutes late for class, I walked into the school and got an unexcused note from the office. Mrs. Whiddle, the six hundred year old history teacher, was just getting into the lesson about the Civil War, and half the class was just getting into nap time. I walked in and put the note on her desk , hoping to go unnoticed by Mrs. Whiddle and the rest of the class.
"I hope you've got a good reason for missing twenty minutes of my class," says the teacher.
"I woke up late, ma'am. I got an unexcused note from the office," I responded, pointing to her desk.
"I didn't want to have to do this, Alana,but take a seat in the back row,"she said.
"Yes ma'am," I said.
Taking a back seat is supposed to be a punishment? Ha! I got the seat that everyone would like to have because it's reserved for punishment. I took out my notebook and pretended to take notes.
------------------------
The bell rang for first period to be over. Walking to my next class, I bumped into a girl with a Prada bag, and way too much makeup. Everything on her read
Rich Bitch. The designer clothing, the perfect hair, the Starbucks every morning, and the snarky attitude. I had noticed this girl before. She was the one that always walked in the middle, between the two other wannabe Paris Hiltons. Gigi and I had made up a rhyme about them:
Those rich bitches deserve some stitches.
Ha. I really liked that rhyme.
Anyway, I accidentally bumped into her.
"What do you think you're doing, you fashionably challenged klutz?" She snapped.
"Calm it, bitch, I didn't mean to bump into you," I retorted.
"Who are you calling bitch?" She asked. Everyone in the hallway was watching now.
"You, obviously. Deaf, or nah?"
I snapped back. She stood with her mouth open.
"Nobody wants to look inside of your mouth, bitch. Close it or I will for you," I threatened.
"Pssh," she said. "You don't scare me."
"Oh yeah?" I asked. I took a quick step in her direction. She flinched and I smiled.
I put my hand on my hip, and tossed my hair with the other.
"You don't scare me," I mocked her.
"AAARRGGGHH!!!" She walked away in frustration.
Much to my surprise, people clapped for me!
People said stuff like, "Badass."
It made me feel... accepted.
Gigi walked through the crowd and gave me a hug.
"Alana, you just found your inner badass! I'm so proud!" Gigi gushed.
And I just smiled.
---------------------------------
Author's note:
Hey! Thanks so much for reading my story, it makes me feel like I'm actually a fairly decent writer!
The purpose of this note to all readers was to say that the official ship name for Gigi & Leo, and Alana & Ky will be announced by
Friday. If you've got any suggestions, please leave them in the comments! Thx y'all!
Byezerz,
Jianna
;P