Chapter 7 : Children of Nacht

The sky was getting darker.

Night was starting to cover the sky.

Lucas had gone out to made some futher arrangements for their plan.

Hestia was sleeping peacefully in the arms of Sienna and Sienna was watching her daughter with a smile.

She wished for the time to stop there. She wanted to stay like this with her two children forever.

She was smiling.

It was then.

"-knock-knock!"

She heard a knock on the door.

She put Hestia slowly away from her arms onto bed and went to open the door.

'Lucas must be back.' She thought to herself with a smile and opened the door.

"!!!"

But the one standing in front of the door was not her son.

It was Ashiel.

And behind him, was Michael.

***

Lucas made reservations for their departure next day for Atlanta, a small town in the Ferrato. There was someone they needed to meet there.

While coming back from his way to the reservation office of ship, he remembered how his mother loved Melon Cakes. He thought about stopping by a backery on his way back to buy some cakes for his mother and sister.

"!!!!!!"

At that moment he felt it.

A surge of mana.

A mana very similar to him.

His father's mana.

His father was already here.

He ran spitting out curses from his mouth. He ran as fast as he could.

***

Sienna stood frozen on the spot.

She had not imagined that they would be able to find them in the territory of Ferrato. No, it was to escape from them they had come to Ferrato.

It had been just a day but Ashiel had already found them.

'This is bad.' Sienna thought.
'Lucas is not here and Hestia is sleeping. I can't use magic right now. Even if I were to use teleportation magic right now, only me and Hestia will be teleported and Lucas will remain here.' She thought.

She could not leave her child behind and run. She was thrown into utter state of panic.

Ashiel who was watching Sienna as she was going pale tried to approach her and say something but at that same moment-

"-boom-thud!" A strong wave of magic barely missed him and hit the wall behind him.

"Get away from her" The boy who had just hit the magic towards him commanded. It was the boy who had same mana as him.

Ashiel who now knew the identity of the boy did not say anything and just stared at the boy.

Hearing the commotion outside Hestia woke up from her sleep. She was rubbing her eyes to open them and see what had happened. When she opened her eyes and screamed, "F-Father- Ack!"

'Shit!' She almost called Ashiel her father and both Ashiel and Michael had heard that. Ashiel was calmly gazing at Hestia and Michael behind him had a face of astonishment.

Sienna went numb. She was hoping that they did not hear Hestia before. Lucas came closer to her and stood between Sienna and Ashiel as if to protect his mother from his father.

Ashiel was watching the entire scene unfold before him and Michael said, "Don't! We are not here to fight! Please listen to us before."

Sienna was dumbfounded. For the first time in their life Sienna had seen Michael use such a tone while speaking to someone. Michael was always very arrogant and high on sky. But this Michael in front of her...somehow seemed more like a human...a human who was ready to have a conversation.

Amidst the chaos, Ashiel calmly asked Lucas.

"Who are you?"

"...." Lucas did not answer.

"Why do you have my mana?"

"!!!!"
This time Lucas was surprised.

"Your mana?" He asked Ashiel.

"Yes. My mana. You have my mana. And if I am not wrong, even that girl behind you seems to have my mana. I can feel it." Ashiel calmly said pointing at Hestia.

"It would be better if you confirmed it with your own mouth." Ashiel added as he watched Lucas who had been silent.

'Did he realize already?' Hestia thought.

'He found out.' Lucas thought.

"Whoo!" Lucas sighed as he ruffled his black hair. Sienna was periodically looking at both Lucas and Ashiel with a very terrified look.

"Yes. That is the case." Lucas said.

Then he held Sienna's shoulders, supporting her and said, "I am Lucas Hesaros Nacht. Grand Prince of Nacht and Eldest son of Grand Duke Ashiel Nacht and Grand Duchess Sienna Hesaros Nacht. I came from the future to save my mother."

"!!!!!!"

Sienna was dumbfounded at her son's sudden confession of his identity to Ashiel.

Ashiel and Michael.

Both of them and Grand Duke had already roughtly guessed the identity of those children. Why they had the mana similar to Ashiel.

Because they were Ashiel's children.

And it did not take them much time to guess who was the mother of these children.

Both the children were Terraformers.

Sienna was a Terraformer.

The mother of those children was Sienna.

They were Ashiel and Sienna's children.

Hestia calling Ashiel 'Father' just a moment ago confirmed their suspicion and the moment Lucas confessed the truth they came to know.

They were children of Nacht.

Children of Nacht who had come from future!