Chapter 24 : Wounded Heart

Sienna opened her eyes with a faint groan.

"Ugh!"

Lucas and Hestia immediately went close to her and helped her sit.

Sienna held her head and rubbed it.

"Mom! How are you feeling?" Lucas asked.

"!!!"

Hearing the commotion outside the people in the small room knew that Sienna woke up. But they did not dare go out as they heard doctor's prescription about not giving her any shock.

"Mom!" Hestia said.

"Ugh! Yes..Yes..I am..alright." Sienna replied.

"Hush!" Both Lucas and Hestia heaved a sigh of relief.

"Um..where are we?" Sienna asked.

"...Inside the house.." Lucas calmly replied but he was scared as to how Sienna would react to this and as expected!

"!!!"

Sienna widened her eyes and her expressions clearly showed how much frightened she was!

"We..we are inside the duchy??"

"Yes mom..But calm down!"

"No!!"

"Mom!"

"Please No!! I...I don't want to! I don't want to stay here! Please!" Sienna cried

"...."

Ashiel and others were listening to this from inside the other room.

"Mom! Mom! Look at me Mom!" Lucas held Sienna's shoulders giving strength to them.

"No Lucas! Please! Get me out of here please!"

"Mom!" Lucas spoke in a low but firm voice! Then he made Sienna look into his eyes.

"Heuk!" Sienna was sniffling but she did not avoid the eye contact with her son.

"Mom, I am here with you! And till I am here, nobody can touch even a strand of your hair!"

"!"

Hestia also nodded and said, "Yes mom! We saved you remember? Hm? We will do that again and again if we have to!"

But Sienna removed Lucas' hands from her shoulders.

"I am not afraid of death!" She cried.

"!!!"

All of them were stunned to hear that. Ashiel wanted to burst out of room that instant and wanted to grab Sienna and ask her what she meant when she said she is not afraid of death. He was gritting his teeth and was restrained by Michael. Grand Duke was also shocked at the bomb remarks his ward was speaking.

"I am not scared of death." Sienna spoke again.

"It's the indifference that scares me!"

"...."

Lucas and Hestia did not say anything and listened to what Sienna had to say.

"I hate the hateful gazes people in this duchy gave me. I am sick and tired of them Lucas! I would prefer death thousand times over rather than facing that hell again!"

"Mom that won't happen again." Hestia said.

"How can you be so sure Hestia? Do you think one can control what others do?"

"...."

"...."

"I am an orphan. It's a reality which I can't change and I don't even want to change as it never bothered me. But people here have never let me forget that. I have been stabbed by that countless times. Being the ward of Nacht is too great for an orphan like me. I know that. But did I ask to be warded?"

"Mom..that.."

"I did not! I did not even know what being a ward meant. At that time I was just 11! Just 11!"

"...."

Ashiel, Grand Duke and Michael were silent. Isabel was also silent. Perez and Regina were expressionless. And Lucas and Hestia were speechless.

It was the first time Sienna was opening up about the wounds in her heart which she received since her tender age.

"I am not blaming anyone. I dare not to. They warded me and gave roof over my head for ten years. That is something I will always grateful for!"

"But now I no longer wish to be bound. Bound to this place. Be warded by this place. I no longer wish to receive those hateful gazes again. I am tired. I am done!"

There was a silence in the room. Nobody spoke for a while.

Then Lucas softly spoke.

"Until we defeat Euros."

"?"

"Stay in this Duchy until we defeat Euros mom. Till then if your feelings don't change, I will take you out of this Duchy myself!"

"!!!"

Ashiel was shocked at what Lucas had just said. He broke free of Michael and dashed in the room.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING LUCAS NACHT?" Ashiel screamed at his son.

Sienna was startled by the sudden appearance of Ashiel. Hestia and Lucas did not expect Ashiel to come out like this despite the doctor's warning.

But fortunately Sienna showed no signs of collapsing again. She was merely surprised.

"I ASKED WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY LUCAS? YOU WILL TAKE HER AWAY FROM THIS DUCHY? FROM ME??" Ashiel shouted like thunderbolt.

"You did not hear me fully dad. I said if mom does not change her mind till we defeat Euros, only then I will bring her out of this duchy." Lucas calmly replied to his father who was boiling in anger.

"AND WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO DO THAT?"

"HER SON WHO SAVED HER FROM DRINKING POISON AND DYING!" This time Lucas shouted on Ashiel.

Ashiel gritted his teeth.

Hestia intervened between them.

"Both of you calm down! Can't you see mom has just woken up. We can't be fighting with each other like this. Not when we have an enemy to defeat guys!"

"Tsk!" Ashiel tsked and started dashing out of the room but he did not forget to give Lucas a warning before fully going out.

"No one can take her away from me! Not even you my son!"

Ashiel warned and left. Michael followed behind fearing what he might do in rage.

Lucas sighed.

He knew his father was a madman for his mother but seeing him go this insane for his mother once again proved how scarily Ashiel Nacht loved Sienna. It was to the point where it would be correct to call it an obsession and madness.

.
.
.
.
.
I am showing Ashiel aggressive in this one because Sienna has not died in this tl thus he does not have that guilt of making her die. He is guilty but at the same time he can't let go of Sienna.
I kinda hated how passive Ashiel is in the original but even the author showed how aggressive Ashiel can be if Sienna gives him permission to be. Here I am just doing that.
And I don't really like passive ml. I prefer them to be a little aggressive in approach.
(But only for the fiction. Tehee! :P)