Chapter 23 : Trauma

The kids were explaining situation to the Grand Duke. Ashiel and Michael confirmed the facts.

Sienna and Isabel were standing as if they both were nailed on the spot. Sienna was shivering a lot and Isabel was breaking in cold sweat.

A series of flashbacks started playing in Sienna's memory. In her memories stood the Grand Duke who looked at her coldly and was disappointed with her.

"Are there no qualities at all?"

"It makes no sense that she is being protected when she is an orphan!"

"Is Loreina a genius?"

The Grand Duke who was indifferent to her and treated her as if she did not even exist.

The Grand Prince Ashiel who looked at her with cold eyes when she presented her amulet.

"I know you are trying Sienna. But your efforts are worthless."

The Young Master Michael who looked at her with hateful eyes and spat venom.

"You are taking away the jobs of maids. If you know you are that humble, why don't you just get out of here!"

"Right! There's no way you'll get out of here. Aren't you just hanging around my brother in your vain dreams?"

"You shameless woman!"

The Grand Duke who sentenced her the lifelong imprisonment.

"Traitor!"

"Lock her up in the underground prison!"

The people of the duchy who despised her.

"Parasite!"

"A trash like you!"

"How dare you steal Lady Loreina's magic!"

She remembered being locked in the prison where the bottle of poison inside her pocket was the only hope she had left in this world.

'I should have drink it!'

Sienna thought.

'It's so stupid that I was deceived and betrayed like that!'

'I want to die this instant and disappear from this world without leaving a trace!'

Sienna thought.

'I should have drink that poison back then!'

Sienna thought.

***

As he was explaining things to his Grandfather, Lucas suddenly felt something wrong.

He looked back

"!!!"

and he ran..

At that same time all of them looked back.

"!!!"

and they saw Lucas catching Sienna's crumbling body in his arms.

Ashiel ran.

Hestia ran.

Michael ran.

Grand Duke ran.

All of them ran.

All of them surrounded Lucas who held Sienna who was slowly fainting in his arms.

"I...should..have...drank...the...poison..."

Sienna said that and fainted.

All of them froze on the spot.

***

(Inside Grand Duchy's large room)

Immediately Duchy's main doctor was summoned to the room to examine Sienna's condition.

All of them waited.

Doctor examined Sienna and sighed.

"W-What happened to her?" Lucas asked hastily.

Doctor did not speak immediately as he was intimidated by the scary atmosphere all the men were emitting in the room.

Ashiel grabbed the doctor by the collar and threatened him, "Speak immediately before I strangle you! Speak!"

"That! That! Grand Prince! Guh!" The doctor could not speak.

"Ashiel! Leave his collar and let him speak!" Grand Duke ordered.

But Ashiel's grip did not loosen.

Michael intervened and removed Ashiel's hands from the doctor's collar.

"Calm down brother! If you do that, he can't tell us what happened to Sienna!"

"Yes dad! Please calm down!" Hestia cried.

Ashiel breathed out and ordered the doctor, "SPEAK!"

The doctor was frightened but still gathered strength in his jaw and spoke,

"Her blood pressure suddenly rose and she had a panic attack. It seems that the young lady has taken a lot of tension about something which caused her collapse."

All were silent. They all knew what stressed Sienna out so much to the point where she collapsed. Even the doctor of the duchy knew, that is why he was hesitating to speak.

"I have prescribed this herb. Let her take it thrice a day after meals. And I will suggest all of you to step back so she does not get scared after waking up and facing you all immediately. Only those with whom she is comfortable stay near her."

The doctor did not directly mention but he intended to point out Lucas. Lucas was the only one who was qualified to stay with Sienna as Sienna was comfortable around him. So it was decided that Lucas and Hestia will wait near Sienna and all the others went in the small room attached to the big room in which Sienna was kept.

***
"It's all because of that Loreina!" Perez gritted his teeth and said.

It was true. Loreina broke Sienna. Grand Duchy was the place where Sienna had endured ten years of abuse. Though Sienna was laughing with them just a while ago, the moment she had to enter the duchy, the place where she was abused, all that trauma deep buried in her heart came up again to eat her and she collapsed.

Ashiel was pissed off and wanted to run this instant to Loreina and kill her. Michael too was having same murderous thoughts. Grand Duke was no different to them. But right now, it was more important to look after Sienna rather than going after Loreina.

"Mom, will Aunty be alright?" Regina asked Isabel with moist eyes.

"Yes dear. Aunty was a little surprised but she will wake up soon. Don't worry" Isabel replied wiping away the tears of the child in her arms.

All of them sat silent in that room. They were waiting for Sienna to wake up. But there was one thing that was eating all of them, especially the three Nacht men up. It was what Sienna murmured before she collapsed.

"I...should..have...drank...the...poison..."

That statement was like a dagger that pierced them.