Chapter 28 : Breakfast 2

The servants started serving the food.

Sienna and Isabel just wanted this damn breakfast to end already but it was both sad and unfortunate that it hadn't even begun yet.

To make the atmosphere less stressful, Hestia decided to share more stories from future.

"Dad! Do you remember when I told you how Mom awakened as a Healing Wizard?"

"Yes. I do." Ashiel replied.

"!!!"

Grand Duke looked at them in surprise.

"Yes Grandpa! It was at the moment when mom saved you from the judicial law which had sealed your wounds on the battle ground!" Hestia said.

Devon, the butler and Madam Deborah too were listening to the it and were surprised.

"At that time, Loreina wanted to heal your wounds!" Regina nonchalantly let out a slip.

'Yikes!'

Hestia thought.

The atmosphere on the table went silent in an instant. Just Loreina's name was enough to make the Nacht men grow cold and silence Sienna and Isabel. They both even stopped eating.

"Hahaha! I know right! But she could not! Because Grandpa didn't even let her enter the duchy!" Perez tried to lighten the atmosphere.

Lucas added,

"Yes! That moron thought she would heal grandpa and then get a place as a ward in the Duchy but she could not even cross the threshold of our Duchy. Keh! Serves her right!"

"I know right! Deserved!" Hestia exclaimed.

Amidst all this chattering, the Grand Duke asked,

"Is Sienna a Healing Wizard too?"

"Too? No Grandpa! Mom is the 'only' healing wizard of this empire. That moron was just eating humans and stealing magic." Hestia said.

"No No I did not mean that. I meant Is Sienna a Healing Wizard too despite being a Terraformer." Grand Duke corrected.

"Ah yes! That is correct!" Hestia replied.

"Wow! My lady!"
Deborah said, trying to praise Sienna and gain her trust.

"Flinch!" Sienna slightly flinched at the tender tone Deborah showed to her for the first time in her life.

Deborah always regarded Loreina as the ideal Grand Duchess and she always warned Sienna to not bother and disturb Loreina unnecessarily.

Seeing Sienna not replying, Deborah fell into distress. Even Grand Duke and his two sons saw that.

They knew that the staff was very hostile towards Sienna but they did not know that their head maid too was a part of that group.

'Hmm' Grand Duke thought.

'It was time to decide a new head maid.'

"Sienna"

Grand Duke called Sienna.

"Y-Yes?"

Sienna replied, very terrified.

"!!!"

Grand Duke was extremely regretful of his past actions and seeing Sienna getting so scared of him, made his regret only grow.

"I want to apologize to you for everything I have done till now."

"No! You don't need to. It's just me!"
Sienna avoided the word 'Orphan' but strangely all of them could hear it.

Ashiel and Michael were silent.

Grand Duke had a weak smile. Seeing his ward, addressing herself as "it is just me", thinking of herself as just an orphan, was the saddest and yet the biggest failure Grand Duke Nacht has ever faced.

Even the faces of his aide Devon and the butler were gloomy.

Grand Duke, since the moment he was awakened from Loreina's judicial law, wanted to apologize to Sienna and give her everything she deserved. He wanted to cherish her, treat her like his daughter which he had done in the future. He wanted to be her father.

But was Sienna ready to accept that? She did not even consider Nacht as her home anymore, and even fainted at the porch of the duchy.

He sighed. 'Not now', he thought. He had to let her heal first. It's okay even if she does not forgive him for the lifetime, never he will ever commit a mistake like that again. This time, he will protect her. Protect her from everything that dares to harm her, his ward, his daughter!

Grand Duke resolved.

Then he shifter his gaze on Isabel.

He was well aware of how Loreina had played with the Gildnick County which led to their banishment from Nacht.

"Young Lady Gildnick"

Grand Duke called Isabel.

"Flinch!"

This time, it was Isabel's turn to flinch.

Seeing both his daughter-in-laws flinch at his mere call, made him painfully aware of the fear they had in there minds about him.

'Sigh'
He sighed again.

"I have contacted Count and Countess of Gildnick, and ordered them to return to the Underworld."

"!!!"
Isabel was surprised.

"I will announce in the next bureaucratic meeting that County of Gildnick is to be registered under the Nacht once again. I will return the titles and mine to the Counts and give back your status of nobility too."

Isabel was tearing up but dared not shed a single one.

Michael looked at her and patted her shoulders.

All the kids were happy for their mom/aunt.

Then Grand Duke's eyes once again moved towards Sienna.

"Sienna"

"Y-Yes Grand Duke?"

Grand Duke breathed in and said in a firm and clear voice,

"In that same bureaucratic meeting, I will remove Loreina from my wardship and I will announce you as my sole ward!"

Sienna was shocked at looked at Grand Duke with surprise.

Grand Duke nodded.

Then Grand Duke raised his hand and gestured the maids.

Maids nodded and went inside the kitchen.

And soon they brought out Pomegranates.