Chapter 38 : Real Daughter-in-law

Isabel finished telling Sienna the story of what happened last night.

"Wow!" Sienna replied, still stunned.

Isabel was slightly red recalling the last night.

"Um...Isabel"

"?"

"Are you able to walk today?" Sienna asked Isabel.

"O-Of Course I am! Why are you asking that!?"

"That..um..nothing."

"Fufu! I get it! Bwahaha!!!" Isabel said and started laughing. Sienna slightly pouted.

"Grand Prince must have not left you at all!"

"Sigh!...That is true.." Sienna said who was tired after just remembering the last night.

"Whenever we start, it never ends in one round! I don't know where he gets that energy from! Tch!"

"Ahahaha!!"

"Don't laugh! It was your first night so you don't know yet! Wait till you go through the same! Hmph!"

"Ehh!! Don't scare me like that! And it's not like I didn't feel any pain at all!"

Sienna looked at Isabel in wonder.

"Sienna.."

"Hm?"

"Did you bleed during your first time?"

"Ah..yes! I did."

'Sigh' Isabel sighed.

"Now I know why they call it 'Sweet Pain!' "

"Haha! You know what my maid Hannah called it?"

"What?"

"A couple's body to body conversation!"

Sienna replied and started laughing remembering Hannah's word from the afternoon.

"What? Ahahaha!" Isabel also started laughing.

Both the girls kept chatting like that till the sunset.

Soon it was time for dinner.

***

All the family members were sitting on the dinner table.

"I will announce Sienna as my sole ward in tomorrow's Bureaucratic Meeting and register Gildnick County back in the Underworld" Grand Duke exploded a bomb on the dinner table.

"Oh! Tomorrow it is!" Michael exclaimed.

"Yes. I will also announce that Sienna is awakened as a Terraformer and is the owner of Hesaros. In addition to that, Ashiel and Sienna's engagement will be announced too. I have already informed Arandire about both the things."

"Finally!" Hestia exclaimed eating a piece of steak.

"Yes." Ashiel replied.

"We need to strengthen Sienna's position in this family before the engagement." Michael said.

Sienna was quietly listening to it.

To be honest, she was a little worried.

Bureaucratic Meeting is a meeting held once every three months in the Duchy of Nacht where all the vassal families of Nacht attend the meeting and discuss important matters regarding the function of duchy's territory.

In the past, Loreina used to attend the meeting with Grand Duke and his two sons. Sienna, of course never attended it.

Loreina always presented the documents which were actually prepared by Sienna. It was all Sienna's hard work and Loreina took all the credit for it.

The vassal families praised Loreina a lot. Even the Grand Duke and Ashiel were impressed with her reports which were in reality prepared by Sienna!

For the Vassal Families, Loreina was an ideal candidate for the position of Future Grand Duchess. On the contrary, they despised Sienna and looked down at her.

Sienna sighed inwardly remembering the past. She honestly did not want to attend the meeting and even get associated with those nobles. She did not even want to imagine their reactions the moment Ashiel and her engagement would be announced!

'It will be a disaster!' She thought.

Lucas who saw his mom, said in a comforting tone,
"Don't worry mom! If any of those flies dare to insult you tomorrow, I will kill them on the spot!"

"Don't say such things!" Sienna scolded him.

"He is right though!" Michael supported Lucas' words.

"If they run their mouth uselessly, we will have to make sure that they will be using it for the last time!" He said smiling.

"Hmph! And they don't even know that all the time they praised Loreina, it was mom who did all the work!" Hestia said in an angry tone.

"What do you mean Hestia?" Grand Duke asked her.

"N-Nothing! Nothing Your Highness!" Sienna replied instead and then she looked at Hestia and gestured with her eyes.

'Don't say anything about it!'

'But Mom!'

'NO!'

Ashiel, who saw his daughter's and wife's eye to eye conversation, demanded an explanation.
(Note: Sienna is Ashiel's future wife but I wanted to write just wife...hehe!)

"It doesn't look like nothing Sienna. Hestia, tell me. What do you mean by what you just said?"

"A-Ashiel..it's nothing. You know her right? She has that habit of joking around!" Sienna said trying to divert the attention of the table.

"But it did not sound like a joke Sienna." Grand Duke spoke this time.

"Tell us what you know Hestia" Michael spoke. He too sensed that something was up.

"That..it was mom who prepared all the documents for the meeting which Loreina presented."

"!!!"

"!!!"

"!!!"

The three of them were shocked.

"What?" Ashiel asked in a shocked voice.

"It is true." Lucas replied. "Loreina took the credit as usual. Don't you know her nature?" He said in a slightly irritated tone.

"Tch!" Michael slammed the fork in his hand on the plate.
"That bitch!" He said cursing at Loreina.

"Not only that! All the letters of the duchy, which Loreina showed everyone that she handled them as the lady of the house, were also taken care of by mom!" Hestia said.

It was the duty of the Duchess or the daughter-in-law of the duke to handle the letters of the duchy. But since previous Grand Duchess was no more and Ashiel and Michael were single, that duty fell on the ward.

Till now, everyone was thinking that it was Loreina who was doing all this work. They even thought that she was just a ward but she was already performing the duties a daughter-in-law performs. But in reality it was Sienna who performed all those duties!

Grand Duke, Ashiel and Michael were shocked. Even Devon, Madam Deborah and the butler who were behind them were shocked.

"...."

Sienna did not say anything and just looked down.

The World Without My Sister Who Everyone Loved: The Descendants (Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें