Chapter 40 : The Bureaucratic Meeting

The meeting hall of Nacht where the Bureaucratic Meetings were held, was excessively decorated today.

There was a table where a lot of champagne glasses were placed and in between stood a champagne fountain. There were a lot of appetizers. A mild music was being played. There were a lot of chairs arranged for the vassals and guests.

Soon the vassals started coming in. The meeting hall became crowded in an instant. Count and Countess of Gildnick were also there. People who were standing there kept their distance from them and were whispering to each other.

Count and Countess of Minagsi(Loreina's Parents) were also looking at them.
'How the hell did they come to this place? They dared to insult our Loren! How could Grand Duke allow them to attend the meeting?' They were thinking.

Then the door keeper announced Grand Duke and his family's entry,
"Grand Duke Rodrick Nacht
Grand Prince Ashiel Nacht
Young Master Michael Nacht
Ward of Nacht Grand Duchy Lady Sienna
Daughter of Gildnick County Lady Isabel Gildnick
Supreme Guests of Nacht,
Lord Lucas,
Lord Perez,
Lady Hestia,
and Lady Regina enter!"

They deliberately kept the identity of the kids hidden. Only family members, close staff and Empress Arandire knew of it.

Everyone started looking at them.

Ashiel and Michael were escorting Sienna and Isabel. Michael had wore a black formal suit and Isabel wore a dark pink dress. Lucas, who also wore black suit escored his younger sister Hestia who had worn an apple red dress. Perez just like other Nacht men wore a black suit and escorted Regina, his younger sister who was wearing a light pink dress. Grand Duke in a formal black suit was leading them, walking in front of them.

And the crowd who saw that thought,
'They look Majestic!'

It was true! All the Nacht men were wearing black and all the Nacht ladies were wearing shades of red or pink. It was a perfect combination of sharpness and softness!

But Count and Countess of Minagsi were not happy.

'Why is the Grand Prince escorting that commoner? Where is Loren?' They thought.

The Grand Duke stood on the stage and raised his champagne glass, and said in a firm voice,

"Before the agenda and matters of today's meeting are discussed I have four things to announce."

All were silent and listening to the Grand Duke.

He looked at Sienna and called her near him. Sienna went and stood next to Grand Duke. Her heart was beating very fast. It was the first time she was facing vassals head on like this.

"My ward, Sienna, has awakened as a Terraformer and has became owner of the named 'Untamed Hesaros'!"

The countess of Minagsi clenched her teeth.
'How can she!'

The crowd started exclaiming.

"Whoa!!"

"Such a great thing!"

"I always knew that the Grand Duke had a discern eye!"

"Glory to you!"

"Congratulations Lady Sienna!"

Sienna was dumbfounded and was blinking her eyes continuously. She never thought she will ever see these vassals not hostile towards her.

Grand Duke was looking at Sienna. Just by looking at her he knew what she was thinking. He called Ashiel near him.

Ashiel and Sienna stood next to each other and the Grand Duke stood behind them. He put his hands around the shoulders of both of them and made his next announcement.

"I am very happy to share my joy with you by wanting to disclose a very important news to you all. My eldest son Ashiel and my ward Sienna are going to get engaged."

"Congratulations Grand Prince!"

"Congratulations!"

"Congratulations to Nacht!"

"It is only the right thing to do! Where do you find a duchess with powers of a Terraformer? Lady Sienna is the most suitable for the position of Future Grand Duchess!"

"Congratulations Grand Princess!"

"!!!!" Sienna was shocked again.

She thought they will reprimand her. Tell her to know her place. But to her horror and surprise, they were congratulating her. She was just standing there with her eyes wide open. Grand Duke and Ashiel who saw her like that, sighed inwardly. Ashiel held her hand and brought her back to their positions.

"I-I object!" It was countess of Minagsi.

"What happened Countess?" Grand Duke asked her, his eyes were narrowed.

"T-That..my lord! Even if she has mastered a named and is a Terraformer, how can she be joined in the matrimony with his highness, the Grand Prince when her origins are unknown?" The countess replied.

The entire meeting hall became quiet.

'Sigh! I knew it.' Sienna thought and she sighed again. Ashiel who saw her like that clenched his teeth and stepped forward,

"It is all upto me to decide who will be my life partner. I have chosen Sienna because I love her and I will only take her as my wife." Ashiel declared.

The vassals were astonished. They alk thought that Sienna and Ashiel were engaged because Sienna's qualifications had been revealed but they never imagined that Ashiel loved her.

"B-But Grand Prince! S-She, she is not suitable for that place! That place is more suitable for some noble lady, l-like....like our Loren! Loren is a Healing Angel and perfect to become your partner! She even healed the Former Emperor and extended his life by a year remember?" Countess continued.

"That is what I will decide Countess!" Grand Duke's cold voice shut her up on the spot.

And Grand Duke made his third announcement.

"Loreina Minagsi is no longer a ward of Nacht!"