Chapter 12 : The Trampled Duchess

(Inside the carriage.)

Regina was tired from teleporting and was fast asleep on Michael's lap.

(This is how they are sitting in the carriage:)
{Window
Sienna Ashiel
Hestia
Lucas Michael
Perez Regina
Window}

Perez who was thinking about whatever Lucas had told him before teleportation asked a question.

"But how the hell did the fraud became this loose? The Emperor is protecting the offshore barrier right?"

At that time Lucas and Hestia became silent. There was a dark gloom on their face. They in hurry did not tell Perez what had happened to the Emperor who was their Great Grandfather.

That he was no more.

"The Empress Arandire has long lost her powers as a Terraformer so she cannot protect the offshore barrier."
Ashiel replied looking at Perez.

"Empress Arandire? So Emperor retired and abdicated himself this early in this time? In our time it was after the battle of Euros."

A wave of confusion passed through Sienna, Ashiel and Michael.

It seems that they were missing something in the conversation.

"The Emperor...is alive?" Michael asked Perez.

"Of course he is! Why are you asking that Dad?" Perez looked at his father in confusion.

Then he clapped his hand and said, "Ah! Has he already been attacked by Loreina Minagsi? Don't worry! Because the Grand Duchess will save him!" While uttering these words he had the sweetest smile.

"Sienna..saved the Emperor in your time?" Michael asked his son.

"Not once but twice! Once when he was infected by the judicial law put on him by Duke Euros. At that time Aunty was just 11 yet she saved the Emperor! And the second time was when he was poisoned by Loreina Minagsi. That time it was revealed to all that the Grand Duchess is the healing wizard of the empire!"

"Healing Wizard?" Ashiel asked.

Sienna was more shocked to hear that than Ashiel and Michael.

Lucas affirmed it with a nod and said, "You awoke as the sole healing wizard of the empire when you saved Grandpa's life which Loreina had targeted."

Both the sons of Grand Duke had grown cold at the sudden revelation.

Their father was a Death God who swept through battles, he was owner of a named. Would it have been possible that such a strong wizard was subjected to such technique. It was.

Because that was something happened in this life too. They were misled by the judicial law and treated Sienna like a bug which had no right to even exist. Both of them were gritting their teeth in anger. It looked as if they were chewing the flesh inside their mouth so much so as if blood would come out any second.

"So, what happened to Great Grandpa?" Perez asked.

"Great Grandpa is dead. Loreina stole his vitality and killed him in the guise of saving him." Lucas said.

The carriage went silent once again.

In fact Lucas did not tell Perez and Regina about the fact that they saved their mother from taking the poison. They just told them that her magic was stolen by Loreina and they have to defeat Loreina to save the world.

"But Loreina is dead in our time." Perez asked not understanding.

"Yes..." Lucas said.

Sienna looked outside the window completely hiding her face from those who were in the carriage with her and clenched her fists.

"But the one who was prisoned and destined to die was..mother. She was falsely framed and she couldn't bear it any longer."

A single drop.

A single drop of tear fell on Sienna's cheeks who was trying her best not to cry. But she couldn't contain it any longer.

At that moment, Ashiel felt like his heart was being crushed. Seeing the woman he loved crying, he wanted to hug her this instance and apologize to her for all the sins he had committed against her.

But..

He could not..

He could not even move as if he was hammered on the spot.

Michael too was trying his best not to cry and shout. He was the one who had tormented her the most after Loreina. Did he ever talk to her without insulting and demeaning her? No. He did not.

He, his older brother and his father, had no qualifications to wipe Sienna's tears, because..

because they were also the reason behind them.

Seeing their mom cry Lucas and Hestia hugged her very tightly. Perez also went and hugged his aunt whom he loved as a mother. Sienna who realized that her children are crying while holding her, burst into tears.

She cried. She cried a lot. For the first time she cried out loud like this in front of someone like this.

But she didn't care.

Because she was being comforted by her children and Hesaros who was wiping away her tears.

Lucas and Hestia vowed.

They will never forgive the ones who had thoroughly trampled on their mother.

They will never forgive Loreina.

Never.

Perez who was hugging his aunt was wondering that even his mother had clashed with Loreina in this time.

The Grand Duchess Sienna, who was his aunt was invincible. She was gentle but never weak. She was the strongest wizard among them. If such a powerful aunt would have been trampled by that girl Loreina.

Then.

Then, what would have happened to his mother?