Chapter 12

📍Amsterdam, The Netherlands

We were off to London early the next morning. Kia and Devon were sadly not coming along for this leg of the journey and would be joining me again with the support of the whole band and my dad before the semifinal. Their flight to Dublin was in the afternoon, so they were not in a rush. Like I was.

Tom was standing in the door of my hotel room. While I was running around making sure I got everything. He was getting impatient as we were starting to get late. "come on hurry up" He muttered. He was rarely cheerful in the mornings.

"I can't find my silver top" I stressed. I was looking everywhere making a mess of the room.

"Hey, I'll look for it later" Kia said, she was still in bed trying to get some sleep still. "Now go before you miss the plane"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said and threw myself over her kissing her.

"Go, I need more sleep" She showed me off her. "and turn off the light on your way out."

"I love you" I said and gave her a last kiss on the cheek before grabbing my bags and running out the door. "Say goodbye to Dev for me," I said before turning off the light and closing the door behind me.

𖤐⭒๋࣭ ⭑.

Tom and I got into the car and told the driver to hurry as much as he could. He said hell drive us as fast as he could within the speed limit. Tom tracked the time all the way, making sure we'd get there in time for check-in. It all went smoothly and we would have made it if there wasn't for the unpredicted road work.

"Klotzak" The driver swore in Dutch as he had to slow down. "That wasn't there yesterday" He said angrily and pointed at the traffic sign. Now I don't know any Dutch, more than the few phrases Kris had thought me, which were mostly swear words. But I understood that we weren't going to move anytime soon. "If I knew I would have taken the other road" He explained to us, he looked terrified that we would start yelling at him. But we are nice people. Although Tom was getting even more stressed. He started looking at other flights trying to get us to London in time for the BBC radio show, where I was doing an interview and an acoustic set. Some time went by, we had moved a little but it all went really slow.

A new story by CECEMCKNIGHT

When you're stuck in traffic
Going to miss our flight

When you're stuck in trafficGoing to miss our flight

𖤐⭒๋࣭ ⭑.

We eventually made it to the airport, too late for our original flight though. Tom had managed to get us new tickets to a later flight but it was a hurry to get to the gate. We ran inside the airport and eminently checked our luggage in. before continuing the sprint to the right gate.