Chapter 19

📍Izola, Slovenia

It was my dad's 50th birthday and he had decided to celebrate it in Slovenia. My grandma and I had spent the whole morning setting up the backyard for the party, whilst my dad and grandad had spent the whole day by the grill. Typical men.

My dad didn't go back to Slovenia as much anymore, not since my mother passed, he usually just came for his birthday. And this year he went big as he was turning 50. His friends from Ireland were here and he had invited ll of his friends from Slovenia as well. We expected about 40 people to come tonight, so there was a lot of preparation.

Kris, Jan and Bojan were coming, as my dad had grown really close to them seeing they had been pretty much my only friends during high school. He had invited Nace and Jure as well but they couldn't make it.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

In the afternoon people started to arrive. The first to come was Kris and his family, We all greeted them and I was so happy to see Kris for the first time since Eurovision, but it I was a bit weird about hiding mine and Bojans relationship since it had passed certain lines and I had to keep it from him. I didn't really want to but I knew it was for the best. and my dad's birthday was not the time to tell him. So I spent most of my time talking to Maks his younger brother because I didn't feel as much of a liar.

The garden soon filled up with people, my dad was having the time of his life seeing old friends. But it was getting late and I started to wonder why Jan and Bojan haven't shown up yet. I sent them a text. But just as the text was sent, Kris walked out of the house followed by Jan and Bojan.

Maks and I got up to greet them. I gave them both a hug. Bojan held on slightly longer, but he also ruffled my hair before letting me go. I played a long and hit him lightly in the chest.

"So where is the birthday boy?" Jan asked and held forward a present, which was very obviously liquor. I pointed to the bar area where my dad stood mixing a drink. Jan and Kris started to walk over there. When Bojan passed me he leaned in close to my ear and whispered "I like your dress" which made me blush, which Maks saw, and shook his head chuckling.

"I saw that" He smirked. "Good luck telling Kris," He said and walked off.

"It's not like that" I shouted after him in a desperate attempt. He looked back at me making kissy faces. I gave him a middle finger in return. Then I walked over to my dad and the boys. Jan handed over the present.

"This is from me and Bojan. It's just a little extra" He said and my dad accepted the gift bag and took a look at the whiskey and nodded in approvement. Which sparked a conversation about whisky, my dad's favorite topic. It wasn't mine but I listened to them talking and couldn't help from giggling looking at Bojan. He was so cute getting all nervous talking with my dad. He was fumbling with his words a bit and popping his knuckles. I subtly moved over so I was standing next to him and carefully making sure no one noticed placed my hand on his back and I felt him calm down.

"Kris actually brought another gift as well, that's from all of us. I think you're really going to like it" Jan said changing the subject.

"I know what it is and you're going to love it Dad," I said. My dad's favorite band is U2, he had all of their albums and my whole upbringing had been listening to their music and going to concerts. And Kris had managed to get his hand on an original LP of the Joshua Tree album signed by the whole band.

"I'm sure I will have you guys gotten food? There is plenty" Dad said. "Cece, why don't you take them to the food, I'm sure they're starving" I nodded and showed them to the food.