Chapter 14

📍Liverpool, England

It was the day after, I had woken up with a crazy hangover and a bit of anxiety from last night. I contemplated staying in bed all day. I thought about calling Kia and talking to her about it but, I realized she would be annoying. And she was coming in two days so I can catch up with her then, in person.

I realized that I really needed to talk with someone though. It had all been playing in my head, over and over again. I feel like I'm not sure about anything. Do I really like Bojan? ...No. Everyone has just gotten in my head. But, also it feels different to be around him. I can't deny getting butterflies when he looks at me. I hadn't noticed before but his eyes are really dreamy. 

I need to call Alessandra

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

I met up with Alessandra and Mae for brunch. Alessandra was as hungover as I and hid behind a big parid of sunglasses.

"So, you said you had something to tell us." She said as we sat down.

"OOoo, gossip! Spill" Mae said getting excited.

"Okay okay, but you have to swear on secrecy," I said and reached out my pinky for them. They laughed a little but agreed. So I started telling them everything. I had to recap some of what I told Alessandra yesterday so Mae was caught up too. "...and I think I kissed him" I ended just now remembering the peck I gave him on the cheek.

"YOU KISSED HIM?!" Alessandra said dropping her jaw.

"On the check" I corrected her.

"So you haven't even kissed him, Then how will you know" Mar was shaking her head.

"I have...once" As I said that Alessandra grabbed my arm in pure shock.

"I feel like you're leaving out the important details here. When??" She looked eager to know.

"It's not important. We were like 16 maybe 17. At a party. I had just broken up with my boyfriend and he was there with his new girlfriend. And Bojan saw that I was sad so he suggested that we kiss to make him jealous or something" I had almost forgotten about that night. I didn't realize I had started smiling thinking back.

"Oh, my god. Did it work" Alessandra asked. "Wait, unimportant. Is he a good kisser?"

"Just look at her smile" Mae said and chuckled. "You're smitten with him. I say go for it."

"I don't know...It's all so confusing. I mean that's why I am talking to you" I whined begging them to help me figure things out.

"Well, a love expert like myself would say " Mae started "It seems like there might be something there. But your friendship stands in the way. You need to figure that out first. Crossing a line like that with a friend can be tricky"

"yeah, You're right" I agreed. "I mean if Im not even sure of my feelings. Why put a seven-year friendship on the line?" I convinced myself to let it go. No need to waste my energy debating whether I like a boy.

"That's not what I meant. I meant you have to be careful with how you proceed." She clarified. But I had made up my mind. I can't like Bojan.

We talked for a while longer about different things. Mostly about what we were gonna wear at the party tonight. It was on a boat and one of the last one before the turquoise carpet and the start of what I can only assume will be one of the craziest weeks of my life. Fingers crossed that I will make it to the final.

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

"Er de her de e party. Er de her the e party" Alessandra sang and danced as I walked up to her. I had no clue what she was saying, but I was vibing with it.