Chapter 13 - Jealousy

That afternoon, Felix arrives home and soon after Evie and annalise arrive. They all sit on the couch while I sit down on the floor in a bean bag in front of Evie, who was sitting between Felix and Annalise. I look up at Evie and see her glancing at Felix, every now and then, I giggle softly and keep watching the movie. After a while Evie tries to have a conversation with Felix.

"So how has babysitting Mia been?" She looks at him with a look of secret love, when she asks him. "Yeah it's been good." He doesn't sound too interested in the conversation Evie is trying to start, and keeps looking at the Tv. Evie nods and looks back at the TV, and I look between them both and see Felix glance at me before looking back at the Tv. I can feel the tension growing in the room as I look back at the tv myself.

I glance at Annalise, who is sitting on the other side of Evie, and give her a look that says 'Their connection isn't really working' and she nods in response and turn back towards the tv, making sure not to look two suspicious.  I think of a way I might be able to break the tension between them both and think of an idea."Do you guys want some popcorn and snacks?" I glance up at them and wait for their response. They all nod and Felix speaks "Yes please."

 look over at the Annalise. "Do you want to come and get it with me?" She nods, and we both stand up and walk off to the kitchen and she goes and gets the popcorn and puts it in the microwave while I grab the snacks from the cupboard. While we're both grabbing the things I hear Evie talk to Felix again, and try to start up another conversation. "So do you like anyone?" I hear Evie ask Felix and me and Annalise glance at each other then keep listening to their conversation. "Well yeah, I do, a little bit." Felix's response and for some reason I feel a little bit jealous that he likes someone. "Who is it?" I hear Evie ask.

"Well I don't really want to say." Felix replies and then they both go dead silent. Me and annalise look at each other then grab the popcorn and snacks and walk back into the lounge room. "So who wants the popcorn?" I ask while holding the popcorn out and Felix holds up his hand and I place it down in his lap then give Annalise and Evie some snacks. "Make sure you share the popcorn with us though." I sat back down on the bean bag in front of Evie.

"I'm the one that's supposed to tell you not to do it, not the other way around." Felix mumbles and continues watching the movie while eating some of the popcorn. I feel someone playing with the strands of my hair a bit halfway through the movie and turn around and see that Felix was the one playing with it. I Keep letting him play with my hair, not really minding as I continue to watch the movie.

I look around at Evie and see how jealous she looks at the moment and I gulp slightly and keep watching the movie while the tension starts to grow in the room again. "I'm just going to go to the bathroom." I quickly stand up, making Felix let go of my hair, and walk straight to the bathroom. When I get into the bathroom, I immediately splash my face with water, trying to calm myself down. Footsteps can be heard coming towards the bathroom and I think to myself that it's probably just annalise or Evie just coming to calm me down a bit, so I continue to splash myself with the cool water, running from the bathroom tap.

Felix walks into the bathroom and pulls my hair gently into a ponytail while I wash my face. His gentle and soft voice whispers "Are you alright?" I just managed to get the words out of my mouth "yea I'm fine you don't have to worry." As I look up he hands me a towel, I snatch it out of his hands and dab it over my face until it is dry.

I stand up straight and sigh, I drop the towel and walk past him. He pulls me back by the wrist into a tight and warm hug. I freeze a little, but after a couple seconds I hug him back tightly and I feel my heart skipping a beat and can smell his cologne that he was wearing. Suddenly someone steps through the door and she stares at both of us and as soon as I see her I pull away, out of Felix's grip and stand beside him and stare back at Evie. "What are you guys doing?" I could hear the disappointment and anger in her voice as she spoke.

"Evie, I promise it means nothing, he is just my babysitter, it's fine. I promise it doesn't mean anything more than that." I say back eagerly, trying to make sure our friendship does not get destroyed. Felix speaks up from behind me "I was just giving her a hug because she just didn't like the tension that was going on between us all." 'How did he know that it was the tension that made me run to the bathroom? Geez he knew everyone's emotions so well.'

I keep looking at Evie to see how she reacts to our words hoping that she would understand. Her face softens a little and she nods slightly and walks out and goes back to the lounge room where Annalise was still sitting. "Why is she always so jealous?" I jump a little because I forget that he was still standing behind me. I turn around and face him "She has a crush on you, she has liked you for a while now." I say softly, wanting to see how he reacted to my words. "How long are we talking?" Felix's raises an eyebrow. "Probably since when you first hired her." I think about it in my head for a little bit then focus my gaze back on him.

He nods slightly then walks out and brushes slightly against me as he does. I followed after him, as we walked back to the others, without saying a word.I stand in front of the doorway that leads to the lounge room and watch him walk over to Evie and hug her gently. He says in a sympathetic voice to her "Evie I'm very sorry, but, I don't like you back in that kind of way, I love you as a Friend though." Evie hugs him back tightly and tears gently flow down her cheeks, silently.

We all sit in silence and me and Annalise glance at each other then back at Felix and Evie who are still hugging. "We should get going now Evie." Annalise speaks up calmly. Evie gently pulls away from Felix slowly and nods, her tears glistening on her cheeks. Felix moves his hands over and gently wipes the tears from her cheeks and her face brightens up. Once they left Felix ordered us some kimchi and rice, we sat down and stayed silent till the food got here. I leave the lounge room and run up to my room quickly do to something.

Once the food arrived, he stood up and answered the door, he yelled out to me "Food, to the kitchen or it will get cold!" I yelled back "Coming, give me a minute." I was texting Evie over and over, trying to regain her trust, to make sure that she didn't feel too hurt that felix didn't like her in that way, once the message said 'delivered' i chucked my phone on the pillow and ran out of my room. As I came bouncing down the stairs at a high speed, I launched through to the open area at the bottom of the stairs, when Felix stepped in my way.

"Felix!" I shrieked as I hit hard into him, sending both of us flying to the ground, making me topple down on top of him. I look down at him and he looks up into my eyes and we both go silent. I had my hands on his chest and I moved them off and onto the ground beside him and pushed myself up so I stood in front of him. I hold my hand out, motioning for him to grab it so I can pull him up. He grabs onto my hand gently and I pull him up in a fast motion. He stands up in front of me and wipes the dust off him.

I step back a bit so he can have some space. "Sorry I didn't mean to run into you that hard." My voice is soft and calming. "It's alright, just come get dinner, before it gets cold." He heads over to the kitchen and I follow him and sit down at my usual spot at the table, across from him. I start eating, we both don't say anything to each other. Why couldn't the tension ever go away? After a while of sitting in silence, we both finished our dinner and went to bed not saying anything to each other. I just hope that Evie knows that I don't like him one bit.... Or do I?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading <3

Words: 1.5k