Chapter 15 - Life or Death

Days passed which turned into two weeks and Felix had started to recently ignore me and not speak to me anymore. What was up with him? Lately, I had been mostly hanging out with Evie. She had managed to get over Felix, which was a good idea in my opinion. I had also called my brother to see how he and Rose were on their holidays and they told me all about what had happened so far and I couldn't help but be a bit jealous that I couldn't go.

One day when I was halfway from doing a modelling shoot, Felix burst into the room, swinging the doors open. Mine and Evie's eyes widened to see his presence like this. He had really gone crazy. Evie raises her left eyebrow, in confusion, as he stammers over to us. "Woah, Felix, are you alright?" Evie says, I can hear a slight sign of worry in her tone. "Yeah I'm fine." He sounds a little annoyed, telling me that he was a bit on the drunk side. I roll my eyes and motion for Evie to continue to take the pictures of me.

Once the shoot was over Evie walked over to me, "What the hell, why is he drunk." Evie had a slight touch of worry in her voice. "I don't know, he hasn't talked to me for a couple days, something is very wrong, I didn't even know he ever drank alcohol."

Evie and I walk out of the room and find Felix sprawled across the floor with a bottle of spirit in hand with a small smirk painted across his face, and an almost silent chuckle comes up his throat. "Felix!" Evie yells, "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I could tell that Evie was mad, not only was he being drunk at work, but Evie told me he was meant to be having a meeting in 20 minutes with the board of modelling sponsors. He chuckles on the ground, the drunkenness in his voice. "They can come tomorrowwww, I don't want them todayyyy." He says while giggling, his voice is deep and husky because of all the alcohol.

Evie sighs "Well this is not gonna happen again, you have to see them sometime soon or you might not have any more sponsors anymore." Evies voice was rising with every word. Couldn't blame her though. "That suits me fineeee." He says with a deep and husky voice. "But you shouldn't be telling me what to do. I'm the manager and boss around here." Felix says drunkenly.

Evie sighs and rolls her eyes and looks over at me and mouths to me 'He shouldn't be the manager when he drinks 24/7'. I giggle silently, she definitely was correct about that. Evie stepped over his body, almost stepping on his hand. She grabs my hand and pulls me in a motion telling me to follow her. I hop over Felix and follow along beside Evie. "We have to tell the...model investors that Felix is sick, if we can get them to reschedule we may not lose any of them." "Ok, do I have to come in?" I whimper "Yes of course I'm going to be a photographer and you are going to be his assistant, and do all the talking." She says in my ear and pushes me into a brightroom, the room has a big table with a whole wall window. The table is full of women and men in suits, some of them are sitting down and some are having quiet conversations.

I open my mouth, a squeak comes out of my throat when I see the pin bored on the wall, with a photo of me in the shower. Wearing a very showy bikini. I look back at evie, her creamy white stilettos tip tapping across the floor, as she comes to an abrupt halt with a satisfying slide on the heels As she comes to a hult beside me. She raises her shaped brows giving me a look that says,"I have no idea." I opened my mouth trying to find the words, what could I say, there was nothing to say but at the same time too much to say, my open mouth is slowly getting wider. "h...how, w......wh..en." only stuttering my words so I shut my mouth.

Evie pushes past me, making me stumble a few steps back. The silent conference room watching me stand wide eyed and straight in an uncomfortable position at one end of the table. As I turn my head to face Evie, I realise that she's not next to me but instead leaning over talking to the women at the other end of the table, standing up, Evie walks away from the lady, as her heels tap along the floor she brushes off her white cashmere turtleneck and straightens her metallic gold ankle length skirt.