8. Fourth's Fear

When he was heading to his old highschool to say hi to some of his friends, he couldn't help but noticed Gem from a distance talking to a girl. They looked close. Had they known each other in the past? They were standing awfully close. What was happening? Why the hell was she touching him? Next minute they were hugging?! Fourth couldn't bare it anymore. He felt tears well up in his eyes and left. In fact he was so angry he didn't see where he was going and ran right smack into a tree branch! He fell right over flat and nearby, Gem witnessed this, and he rushed over and knelt down.

"Fourth! Fourth baby can you hear me? Fourth!" Fourth got knocked out because he would often faint at the sight of blood. Gem carried him piggie back style and walked as fast as he could to his car which was near by luckily, and drove him to the ER. 

Poor Fourth had to get stitches because the cut on his forehead was pretty bad. He got lots of medicine in him so that he wouldn't feel anything when he got them done and Gemini held his hand the whole time. 

"All done," Said the nurse named Gail sweetly and told him that his friend would wake up soon and would probably be a little fuzzy, brain wise, so it was best to wait a while till he went home, and it would also be wise to call his parents.

"Sure thing, and thanks very much for taking such good care of my boyfriend."  Nurse Gail grinned, and said her daughter had shipped the two of them for a long time, and would have been happy to hear that they were going out finally.

"Would have?"  Gem asked, gently. A pause before Gail said, that her daughter passed away last year. Gem humbly blessed her, and gave her his condolences before she left. 

"Thank you. You be with your boyfriend now, I'll be out side if you need me." 

 Gem felt sad now, so sad. He didn't ask what happened to the nurse's Daughter, but he knew it wasn't appropriate to ask. He then felt grateful that he was alive, and prayed for her peace  in heaven.  He also prayed that Fourth woke up soon so he could make sure he was okay too, and wasn't mad at him. Did Fourth perhaps see him talking to his cousin and over think things? He always did that, over thinking thing since he could remember. After he called Fourth's parents, Fourth moaned and fluttered his eyes open.

"Hi my prince charming, you're awake."

"Prince charming my ass. You low life cheater, leave me alone." Fourth turned over, but Gem leaned in and rubbed his shoulders so he could turn to face him.

"You are mistaken about before. I wasn't talking to my girlfriend."

"Ha! So you admit you have a girlfriend you low life good for nothing piece of..."

"She was my cousin okay?! That girl I talked to was my cousin! Why would I cheat on you when I have the prefect guy in the world? I would never do anything to hurt you, Fot Fot." Forth looked at him sadly, saying he hadn't called him that in a long time. Gemini climbed on the bed carefully beside his sweet heart and put his arm around him. 

"I'm glad I ran into you today, though it wasn't the way I planned. I wanted to give you this."  He reached out in his pocket and took out a ring. It was silver and he put it on his fourth finger.

"Now you're mine, when people see you and meet you, they'll know you're taken."  Fourth was going to sit up so he could hug him tightly when he felt rather dizzy from the drugs, and Gem told Fourth to lie down for a while longer until he felt better.

Fourth asked if he was mad at him for not trusting him, or fearing the worst, but Gemini said he wasn't, only sad.

"Can I kiss you, so I can reassure you that I trust you fully, and am not mad at you anymore? I love the ring, it's beautiful." Said Fourth sweetly. 

"I love you too, Gem Gem." 

They cuddled together till there was no space between them. Eventually they both fell asleep. 

It was around till around dinner time that he was finally released from the ER. Gemini drove him home and of course Fourth's parent's were very concerned for him. 

"Gem took such good care of me. I love you, thanks for bringing me home,"

"You're welcome. Let me know how you're doing tomorrow. In a few days, I'd like to take you some where special for our next date."

"I'm looking forward to it."