11. Dancing Under The Stars

Fourth Gemini, Satang and Winny were getting ready for the dance competition. Both couples were excited and nervous in their own way. They knew the judges were tough and even getting into the competition was tough.   

One night, Fourth and Gemini were practicing some of their steps outside their house by the pool, and Fourth could see poor Gem was getting tired and frustrated.

"You're doing so well baby, we're gonna win this."

"Suppose Satang and Winny win." Fourth sighed and cupped his cheeks a little and then said, coaxingly,

"Even if we lose, I'll still love you, and even if we lose, we'll still tell everyone we're in love, and you'll still be number one for me, okay?" 

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise and pinky toe promise if it'll persuade you!"  Gemini laughed at this, and shook pinkies and toes together.  Gemini didn't know how he could get so lucky, how he could have someone so cute and caring as Fourth. He really did look sexy tonight, his bangs cascading over his forehead. They had been swimming so his skin shown, and the water was still glistening on his ivory skin like crystals. 

"Are you going to kiss me?" Fourth ask, realizing they had stopped dancing as they were gazing in each other's eyes. 

 "I was thinking about it.  I was thinking about asking you to marry me." Fourth staired at him. Surely he was joking. They were way too young to get married, weren't they? They were eighteen or nineteen years of age, and he knew they would need more time to see the world before they settled down, but Fourth really couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

"Gem, you'll always have my heart, no matter what the future brings. I know we're always gonna be together, weather we get married or not." 

"I love you Fourth, and I'm serious about my proposal." Fourth put his arms around him and said to shut up and keep dancing. Deep down, Gem was sad to think he'd have to wait five or ten years before he could marry him. He loved him more than life, and he thought Fourth felt the same way.

It was not too much longer before the big show, and Fourth's mother Kat was in the kitchen with him having tea. This was mother son ritual for a long time, and she could see her son's mind was preoccupied as he silently sipped his tea.  

AN: Instead of using Fourth's mom's real name, I decided to change it for my story. 

"Are you all right my dear? Your mind busy today?"

"Mom? How old were you when you married dad?"

"I was too young, we should have waited longer, but we were in love, and he had to go to war, but thankfully he came back. I was eighteen and he was nineteen. Why do you ask?"

"Gem asked me to marry him, I think he was serious about it. Mom I love him, but marriage is a huge step right? We should wait till we're like twenty right?"

"Yes, at least till after college. I know you both are actors, and have similar interests like ball room dancing. Your dance competition is tomorrow."

Fourth said he had been thinking about doing some traveling, that college wasn't even on his mind. But he had always loved photography so he wanted to take pictures for a local magazine company. He hadn't even told Gemini about this. Would he accept it? 

"What if your agent tells you about a new acting job, possibly with Fourth?"

"I'd take it, obviously. Apart of me feels cooped up here, I want to travel, see the world, and maybe take Gemini with me. Would you let me go?"  Kat him and said she would be behind him, no matter what his future held.  Fourth took his mother's hand and kissed it warmly.