20* The Unexpected Storm

"Satang asked you to marry him?!" Gemini asked, intrigued, talking to Winnie the following afternoon at the beach after they arrived home from their trip. 

"Yeah, and I am so tempted to say yes, and run away to America to get married there. I love him so much, but I don't know." 

"You don't know if you're ready?"

"Well, you see we...we sort of made love for the first time last night." Gemini flushed here, and  pointed his finger at him and Winny scratched his head looking goofy and guilty at the same time. 

"No! You too! Don't tell me Fourth proposed to you as well!"  Winny  cried helplessly.

"We are getting married when we are allowed. It's been in our minds since we were kids." Winny smiled and continued.

"Things are weird between us ever since last night. I wanna tell my parents about how much we want to be together, just living together would be enough, but Satang might not feel the same way."

"Bro if he loves you, he'll grant you any wish your heart desires. I know he wants to make you happy, why else would he propose? 

"I don't want to break his heart. I want to live with him, I just don't want to marry him. I'm not the marrying type. Before he came into my life I would go from girl to girl, then Satang came along. He took my breath away." Gemini smiled, his heart feeling warm with happiness hearing Winny talk like this, because it so wasn't like him. 

Gemini put his arm across his shoulder and smiled. He was all sympathetic and told him to think with his heart, and not his head for once. If he wanted to marry Satang one day, than marry him he would. For now, they should just enjoy the time they had together as a couple with out any stress. 

"Thanks dude, I do want to live with him, I just don't want to marry him." 

"He'll understand. Here comes your  lover now. I gotta go before he thinks I'm hitting on you."  Said Gemini and quickly got up, kicking sand from beneath his feet.  

Satang waved to Gemini before he left, and then sat on the sand next to him. He set his hand in his, slipping it through his fingers.

"How's my handsome stud?"

"Don't be crazy, I'm not handsome.  You're the handsome one." 

There was silence between them, accept for the ocean waves. 

"Do you hate me for last night?" Satang suddenly asked, making Winny's heart jump, not to mention ache at the very thought of him asking such a thing.  He never hated him, and he never could. 

"No, I was thrilled when you asked me to marry you, just surprised. Satang, please don't misunderstand but, I never wanna get married."

"To me?"

"To no one, ever! I'm just not the marrying type!  I believe in relationships, I believe in falling in love, I believe we work hard at our communications and compromises, but, I can never marry you. I'm never good in front of a crowd, I'm never the one to show off someone, I like blending into the world, I don't choose to stand out. I don't want people pointing at us and saying, are you married?' It would be a nightmare."

"So being with me is a nightmare? Winny I understand if you don't wanna get married but I'll always wanna be with you. Unless you're telling me we're not gonna last forever."

"Who does really? Do gay couples grow old together and die together? One in a million chances that happens in this world. I'm not going to be humiliated just because of my affection for someone I care about. It's not worth it."

Satang was getting up now, dusting sand off him a little. He was looking very sad now, so sad he almost looked like he might cry.

"After all we had been through, this is your final word on marriage? It won't be an option for us, even when  Thailand announces gay couples can marry?" Winny nodded, tears were slowly making their way to the surface now.

"I love you, please I love you, I just don't see a future together, we can't have, because I don't want either of us getting hurt." Thunder sounded then and made them jump. Satang's eyes grew foggy around the outside and his lips trembled.

"After last night, I really thought I meant everything to you. If there isn't a chance for us, then let's break up now."  

"No..."

"I'm sorry, I can't handle now or never Winny.  I just can't."

Satang left in a hurry. Winny tried calling after him, but it wasn't any use.

Satang got on his motorbike that was parked near the beach and felt his tears travel down his cheeks

Satang got on his motorbike that was parked near the beach and felt his tears travel down his cheeks. The rain came before he could prepare for it, and started his engine. His mind must have been on Winny, because he wasn't paying attention to where he was going and suddenly, a  car came zooming passed him at high speed. A very stunned Satang crashed right into a near by tree and his bike turned over, leaving him on the ground, unconscious.   

When Winny was back at his house talking to his mother about this, his phone rang. It was an unknown number, but he answered anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hello Winny? This is Satang's mother.  He needs you."

"Where is he, is he still mad at me after our break up?" Fran sobbed, saying she didn't know anything about that, but she tell him about his terrible accident, and was in critical condition at the Rosewood hospital. (Made up name, I think )

"God, no...not Satang! I'll be right there! Please tell him to hold on for me!" 

"Mom, can you..."

'I'll get my keys dear."  

On the way to the infirmary, Winny prayed with all his might, at the same time tears were sliding down his face. If he wasn't going to be okay, Winnie was never going to get over him, and would blame himself for the rest of his life.