A Melody |1

***

***

20th October 2007 13:46

*buzz*
My eyes twitch slightly at the sound of my phone buzzing.
*buzz*

(mind) What the hell?.. What time is it??

My eyes slowly flutter open as I gradually sit up from  my bed. The first thing I do is reach out for my flip phone that was placed on my desk next to my bed. I sigh and check my messages; It was Daria.. great.
I knew what it would be as soon as I opened her text.

(Messages)
Daria: HEY GIRLL ARE U AWAKE??
Daria: WAKE UP WAKE UP
Daria: GIRL HOW ARE U SLEEPING ITS 1 PM WHAT..
Daria: OMGGG YOU KNOW THAT BAND TOKIOHOTEL IM LIKE SO OBSESSED WITH BILL OMG MY MOM BOUGHT ME A POSTER OF HIM TODAY AAHH!!
You: i just woke up whats all this spamming for ugh..
replied to Daria: aha?... good for you. idk why u are so obsessed with this band i mean whats so special abt it lol
Daria: GIRL HOW TF DO U NOT KNOW WHO TOKIOHOTEL ARE... THEY ARE LIKE AMAZING!
ONE OF THEIR SONGS ARE BECOMING SUCH A HIT I THINK YOU MIGHT LIKE IT!!
You: ehh idk i guess i just sleep the whole day and not do anything, thats why im so behind on the internet..
Daria: oh come on, kristina!!! I told you that oversleeping is SOOSO bad for you.
You: idc sleeping is amazing
Daria: true, but whatever XD
You: Well I'm getting hungry as fuck so I am gonna make myself some breakfast bye girl
Daria: BYE KRISSY LMAO
You: DONT CALL ME THAT I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU I DONT LIKE THAT AHAHA
Daria: OKOK FINE i will do it in public next time ;)
You: UGHH whateverrr bye girl love u
Daria: LOVE UU

(you place your phone back on the table and get your slippers from underneath your bed)
I walk quietly through the creaky panels of the floorboards in my room. Walking slowly just in case..
I get to the staircase and go down each step carefully. My heart slowly thumps faster as I reach the bottom, hoping for this morning to be normal and I can make my breakfast and get everything over with just to go back to my dump. I hear the tv blaring in the background of the living room. I slowly approach the room and sighing as soon as I see my dad knocked out on the sofa. He was completely lost in his own world clearly. I cautiously stepped over the broken vodka and beer bottles on the ground to avoid making sound to get to the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen I check the cabinets for any sort of cereal.
(Mind: Shit. The cabinets are empty.. I am starving.. What about the fridge?)
I walk over to the fridge, but to my disappointment there was only a milk carton 4 days after expiry date and some butter. For fucksake. I left the kitchen feeling empty like always, its not like theres ever any food anyway; I guess I can just ask Daria if I can come round again. She won't mind. I love Daria, she is so caring for me, I certainly wouldn't mind if she was my parent. Daria is such an amazing individual and I would do anything for her..

My thoughts for Daria were abruptly paused as soon as I heard a similar name coming from the tv..
"Now playing, Dont Jump by Tokio hotel."
This has immediately caught my attention and I looked in the living room. A melody I've never heard before rung into my ears. And it felt... amazing. Something about the song made me want to sing along, even though I didn't know the lyrics. Something about the song made me feel like I was understood in some sort of way... I stood listening to the music, feeling mesmerised by the singers voice, creating a tune that soothed my brain. I can't lie but I fell in love at first sight. The song ended and I smiled. It's like they get how people like me feel. My bad thoughts seemed to let go of me for a second.. Almost like it was curing me. I can see why Daria likes this band, the song is definitely very soothing and gave me a feeling of happiness and validation. I want to know more about this "Tokio Hotel", and I know exactly who to ask.