A Room Of Cracked Mirrors |29

I stared at the reflection of me in the mirror, another one appears behind me. I turn around, my eyes go wide. It's me as a child.

Stop running.

I couldn't comprehend this at all and my eyes well up with tears, glossing up and I see the shine of my tears in the mirror.

Please... Stop it!...

Kristina, I know it hurt. Letting go of mother. You loved her to bits. I did. But you can't keep running because you are scared of getting hurt again. You have to realise that continuing to run away won't make you better, it will make it worse. What's worse is you running away won't impact just you, but especially those around you.

The glass of the mirror cracks slightly, still facing my younger self.

You have become selfish.

The glass mirror with my younger self shatters to bits unexpectedly. I gaze at the shattered pieces of glass that cascaded the floor. I turn back to face my other self. But there is no more reflection. I look behind me to be surrounded by mirrors. They each crack bit by bit, my head spins. The reflection-less mirrors all shatter subsequently as I curl up into a ball sobbing hysterically. The room swallows me whole as the small confined space gradually got smaller and smaller... Squishing all the glass shards into my skin. I couldn't breath, I felt like I was going to suffocate in guilt.

I heard a subtle sound blaring through.

"Kristina!" Something mumbled.

Before I knew it I snapped out of it, to find myself on the floor of the red carpet. Beside me was Tom...

"Kristina?! Are you alright?!" He stutters panicked

I stare at him, its like I have gone mute without will. My hallucinations seem to be getting worse by the days. I don't want to end up like... Mother.