Journey |5

22nd October 5:01am 2007

*Ring, ring*

The subtle sound coming from Daria's alarm rung softly through my head. I woke up in a daze and let out a large yawn before realising. My eyes open wide with excitement and I immediately turned over to wake up Daria; who was somehow not affected by the deafening sound of the alarm. I nudged her softly.

"Daria!!! DARIA!!" I yelled in her ears teasingly. She was clearly up in her own world in that small head of hers. I nudge her once more; this time she actually awakens from her dream.

"*Yawn* Ughh... I'm up... What time is it- WAIT!" Daria yells as soon as she finally realises, "Oh my god!! Today is the day!! EEK!!" Daria screams, and runs over to her suitcase and starts packing.

"Did you seriously not prepare your suitcase and left it to the last minute?...You know what. I wont even ask" I say snickering a little to myself. Daria is that sort of girl that is slightly unprepared, which isn't always the best. "Daria!! We have 20 minutes to meet the taxi!! We have got to hurry up girl!" I tell her, rolling my eyes as she starts trying on her outfits.

"Girl no rush! Which crop top do you prefer? I really don't know!" Daria squeals. She holds out a white crop top and a red one; looking at me waiting for me to make a decision.

I stare at her, she isn't being serious... Is she? I sigh and point at the red top at random. She would look gorgeous like always so I don't know why it matters...

"Oh... Weeelll~ I dont reeaaallyy like the red one soo.." Daria replies, "I will just go with the white one!"

I stare at her for a second. "Hey!! didn't you say you couldn't decide yet you still choose the opposite of what I chose for you?? Why couldn't you just choose what you liked." I reply jokingly, letting out a sigh because of her stupidity. "Let's not waste anymore time, we seriously have to go otherwise we will be late! Come on 'Ria." I say before taking my worn out shoes and putting them on. I was only wearing a black hoodie with torn denim jeans... I mean I don't have anything else to wear so do I really have a choice?

"Ok, ok!! Wait up... These heels are hard to run in— AHH!" Daria's sentence immediately interrupted as she lost balance and fell back onto her bed. She lets out a sigh as she lifts herself off the bed. "I'm okay!! Forget that ever happened" She laughs in embarrassment.

Finally we were ready to go get picked up by our taxi that was waiting outside our house. We heaved our suitcases into the trunk of the taxi and got in the backseat of the car. We both take a deep breath in as we sit on the leather seats and buckled in our seatbelts. The taxi driver places his hand onto the little mirror at the top of the car and shifts the view onto us.

"So where we goin'?" He asks politely.

"We are going to the airport to take a flight to Germany!" Daria replies confidently, "How long do you reckon that will take sir?"

The taxi driver pulls out his navigator and places it near his steering wheel.

"You'd be at the airport in about... Let's see... 20-30 minutes I'd say." He suggested.

"Ah shit I forgot my travel sickness... I was totally not planning to go anywhere until yesterday." I whisper to Daria.

"Don't worry I always keep some extra with me, here" She hands me a pill and a water bottle out of her bag.

"Thanks Daria!" I say gratefully as I swallow the pill along with some water. Then I started to admire through the windows as the sun started to rise. I breath in the smell of the car air freshener and imagine being in Germany.

-30 minutes passed, Daria paid and got out and Kristina followed along. They started to walk to the entrance of the airport and get checked in completely and get to the airport shops.-

"Kristina can you check what time our flight is again?" Daria suggests whilst holding snacks and trying to stay in balance with her heavy suitcase and wobbly heels.

I look up to the screen above and look out for the time the gates open for our flight. I freeze and rub my eyes slightly. It read:

"Germany, Munich: 78 Gate closing soon"

I grab Daria by her arm hurridly and ran quickly. I rush through the busy path of the airport and bump into many people. I keep checking behind me to see if Daria was still with me. She was hanging on for her dear life as we ran through the crowded venues into the gates area. Panicked I looked around for gate number 78. But as luck would have it we were on the wrong floor. We had a another whole staircase to tackle to get to the correct floor. I take a deep breath in and drag us both to the top of the stairs. I can feel Daria's heels wobble as we ran up the steep steps. I don't know if she dislocated her ankle but why should I care? She's the one who couldn't decide what colour top to wear! Ok.. Kristina... Calm down. If you were rich you would be the exact same.

We end up getting to our gate in time, miraculously.

"Oh god... We made it." I said relieved, "Come on Daria... Let's go!"

"Ughh.. Those *pant* stairs... *pant* were such a... *pant* workout!!" Daria sighs tiredly.

She follows me on as we get checked onto the plane. We go down the stairs to go outside and to get seated on the airplane. We reach the top, find our seats and settle down in our seats. The instructor read out the safety instructions for emergency situations and eventually we were finally ready to be airborne. The plane raced across the massive road and risen up from the ground, into the air. I rested my head along the cushioned headrest and because of the bizarre experience of almost missing our flight, I was knocked out. I closed my eyes and went to sleep almost immediately. Excited for a new journey to begin.