Hang Out |15

*A couple hours passed, Kristina and Daria are laying on their bed, talking and gossiping. When all of a sudden they heard a knock.*

Kristina's POV:

I walk over to the door and peep through the peephole; staring back at me was Tom. I jumped since this was unexpected. I open the door.

"You made me jump! Who looks into a door eyehole like that?!" I squeal.

"Urm... You?? Hypocrite much..." Tom sighs sarcastically, "Anyways! We are all really bored and we want you guys to hang out with us... I'm really hoping yo- I mean for both of you to come tag along?" He pleads.

"Yes! Oh yeah, Kristina where is Daria?" Bill asks, looking around.

"Oh shes just-" I reply, until Daria appears out of nowhere next to me.

"Hey Bill!" She says with a big smile, "Hey guys, what we talking about?"

"We came here to ask you two if you want to come hang out with us" Georg replies, Gustav nodding after he says so.

"Well I'm happy to go, what about you Kris?" Daria asks me.

I stand there, slightly unsure. I haven't hung out with anyone other than Daria, this was really nerve wracking for me to think about... I always worry about saying or doing the wrong thing. I know Daria is my best-friend but I always worry about fucking up our relationship somehow; I was close multiple times. Luckily keeping my mouth shut is easy for me, I hate speaking. I hate being with people. If I could, I would just sleep my whole life away, alone. What's even the point in livin-

"Kristinaaa?~ Earth to Kristinaaa?!~" Tom yells, waving his hand in my face, "You alright?"

My thoughts stopped as soon as Tom distracted me, "Oh... Uh... Sorry. Yeah I would like to come along" I say before immediately regretting what I said.

I didn't even want to say that, it slipped out. Oh god, I hate myself sometimes, but perhaps it will be good for me. I sigh a long sigh to myself. Eventually the band went back into their rooms to get ready, and I shut the door, to also get ready. Daria was practically ready so she just went to fix her smudged mascara underneath her eyes. I, on the other hand, still looked like a complete mess. I went to grab my hairbrush that was on my bedside table, and brushed my hair. Fucking hell, my hair was knotty... This is gonna take forever.

Daria's POV:

I look over to see Kristina struggling with her tangled hair, and I ought to help her.

"Oh, Kristina your just making your hair worse." I say, taking the hairbrush from her, "Look, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up, didn't your mother ever teach you how to brush your hai-" I pause, immediately smacking my hand onto my mouth to stop myself from finishing the sentence; but it was too late.

Kristina looked at me, her eyes glimmering in the sunlight reflecting onto her eyes. They soon became glossy; I felt absolutely horrible, I said it so casually...

"No... Daria... My mom isolated herself from everyone to avoid hurting people around her." Kristina mumbles quietly, as I see her hold back tears.

I was speechless. How could I say something so awful?... I tried to come closer to give Kristina a hug but she pushed me away gently.