Home Sweet Home |38 FINAL

Its been a couple months since the hospital. It felt relieving to finally let the truth out and no longer be living a lie. Somehow the rotting flowers smelled fresher and the bathroom looked cleaner than ever. I've learnt how to let go and move on. My dad gave up on drinking and we spend more time together now trying to build a bond we missed out on all the wasted years. We visit moms grave every weekend and place new flowers on it. We would have picnics near her spot and talk to her... Her neglected area stood there for so long a willow tree has grew, towering her stone grave. The willow tree had blossoms upon blossoms on every branch varying in many colours such as blue, pink, yellow and her favourite colour, purple. We put a picture of her on the grave, looking at it made me feel nostalgic. The guilt will always be there but my love for her will always overtake.

(In Kristinas room)

I lay on my bed listening to music until I heard a notification coming from my phone. I looked at it to see that it was Daria!

(Messages)
Daria: HEY GIRLL ARE U AWAKE??
Daria: WAKE UP WAKE UP
Daria: OMGGG I FOUND THIS COOL NEW BAND NAMED TOKIOHOTEL!! AND OMG I THINK IM IN LUV WITH THE SINGER HES SO HOT!!
You: Yeah I'm awake :)
replied to Daria: Oh Tokiohotel?... I swear I remember that name from somewhere?...
Daria: GIRL HOW TF DO U NOT KNOW WHO TOKIOHOTEL ARE... THEY ARE LIKE AMAZING!
ONE OF THEIR SONGS ARE BECOMING SUCH A HIT I THINK YOU MIGHT LIKE IT!!
You: I guess I will try it :)
You: Well I'm getting hungry as fuck so I am gonna make myself some breakfast bye girl
Daria: BYE KRISSY LMAO
You: DONT CALL ME THAT I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU I DONT LIKE THAT AHAHA
Daria: OKOK FINE i will do it in public next time ;)
You: UGHH whateverrr bye girl love u
Daria: LOVE UU

I put my phone down and race down the wooden stairs. Each panel has been fixed and creaked not even a single time. I heard a familiar voice coming from the television.

"Kristina come here! Look at this cool band that's on right now!"

I rushed into the living room to see the music video 'Dont Jump' I stared in awe... This feels like it had already happened before... Has this very video caused all this to happen? I remember... This same moment but this time things have changed. It was because of this specific video I have sparked interest in the band, Tokiohotel. And Daria having 2 tickets to their concert... Was this all bound to happen? Was it fate? Was it real? Déjà vu...?

Whatever it was, it saved me, it silenced my suffering by releasing my hidden truth. Even if it wasn't real it saved me.